Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by fanoush View Post
Except that deleting text in text entries (mostly saved games) would produce unexpected results.
Ah yes, forgot that you might need to type in some games

Some of the combos is fine. Ctrl+backspace is reserved for task switching.

Full Throttle: I'm not able to switch punch / kick... how to do?

Video from start
Video from fight

Last edited by Kjow; 2009-12-03 at 11:09.

Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by Kjow View Post
Full Throttle: I'm not able to switch punch / kick... how to do?
Haven't played FT myself but I think you need right mouse click. So no problem, right click is mapped to Tab or zoom+ or dpad center ... oh wait none of them work on N900 You can try Enter key but I guess it won't work. Looks like you need to wait few days for missing key mappings.

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
In scummvm on N810/N900 zoom- should be right click, zoom+ should be menu in most games. Is the camera button eaten too or available?
Think of the power button on the N800/N810... except, a D-Bus signal is emitted when half-pressing it.

Do the zoom/volume keys work fine or they are eaten by system?
http://wiki.maemo.org/Documentation/...ng_volume_keys - GDK oriented; not sure of SDL specifics.

The Following User Says Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Haven't played FT myself but I think you need right mouse click. So no problem, right click is mapped to Tab or zoom+ or dpad center ... oh wait none of them work on N900 You can try Enter key but I guess it won't work. Looks like you need to wait few days for missing key mappings.
Perfect! Thank you!
Enter key doesn't do anything.

I noticed that if I don't touch display for a while it goes to "power saving mode", there is a way to set it always on?

Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
http://wiki.maemo.org/Documentation/...ng_volume_keys - GDK oriented; not sure of SDL specifics.
Thanks, the first part looks X11 oriented, I need to set _HILDON_ZOOM_KEY_ATOM for the window. There already is similar code (setting different atom) so this looks easy. Let's hope that's all for volume/zoom keys.

EDIT: Yes, it is easy, confirmation also here http://wiki.maemo.org/Documentation/..._Zoom_Out_keys

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.

The Following User Says Thank You to fanoush For This Useful Post:
I usually hate when volume keys do something else than change volume. But on the other hand there isn't much keys available without opening the keyboard (well I keep the keyboard always open when using the device)

Hi All,

I shall be getting my hands on my N900 tomorrow night and one of the first things I'd love to do is install ScummVM and install MI1, 2 & 3.

I'm a complete Maemo noob, so just had a quick scan through this thread.

Firstly, am I right in thinking I simply download the .deb file (in Linux speak are .deb files similar to .exe files that install/setup a program?) then install it via X-Terminal?

Secondly, does this automatically add it to my Apps Menu ?(therefore allowing me to add a shortcut on my desktop?)

Finally, how safe is it for a Maemo noob to do this? (I'm not going to be installing stuff "willy nilly" unless it's via the "proper" repositories through the App Manager - but ScummVM and maybe one or two others would be an exception to the rule)

One more side question actually, slightly off topic, but I have read (but don't fully understand) that maemo5 apps need to be "optified" otherwise you'll probably run out of safe for app pretty quick, do I need to worry about htis when install ScummVM, via this method?

Many thanks in advance, for answering any of the above questions.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Dexter1759 View Post
Hi All,

I shall be getting my hands on my N900 tomorrow night and one of the first things I'd love to do is install ScummVM and install MI1, 2 & 3.

I'm a complete Maemo noob, so just had a quick scan through this thread.

Firstly, am I right in thinking I simply download the .deb file (in Linux speak are .deb files similar to .exe files that install/setup a program?) then install it via X-Terminal?

Secondly, does this automatically add it to my Apps Menu ?(therefore allowing me to add a shortcut on my desktop?)

Finally, how safe is it for a Maemo noob to do this? (I'm not going to be installing stuff "willy nilly" unless it's via the "proper" repositories through the App Manager - but ScummVM and maybe one or two others would be an exception to the rule)

One more side question actually, slightly off topic, but I have read (but don't fully understand) that maemo5 apps need to be "optified" otherwise you'll probably run out of safe for app pretty quick, do I need to worry about htis when install ScummVM, via this method?

Many thanks in advance, for answering any of the above questions.
yes, you can install it via console (get the rootsh app first)

yes you will see an icon in the apps(more) menu and you will be able to place it onto the desktop like every other app

but just to be clear, you won't be able to save or do anything that requires proper key mapping as there is no built that fully supports the n900 yet!

hope that helps

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Maybe the proximity sensor can be used for a right click modifier?