Notices

Posts: 327 | Thanked: 249 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Λεμεσιανός, ρε!
Originally Posted by CepiPerez View Post
Used to work for me in previous versions
Now it doesn't work anymore
Actually, I reverted to 0.9.16 and it works for me again. I was using 1.0, then 1.03 (I think?)
I could send, I would get the push SMS and could see in the list the new MMS but failed every time to download. Strangely, it worked for a little while.
I had a brief look at the logs and I could see mention of timeouts.
I'm on T-Mobile USA.

Posts: 500 | Thanked: 437 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Oklahoma
Originally Posted by oxpo View Post
More direct:
http://wiki.maemo.org/MMS#T-Mobile_USA
and read the first post:
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=643490&postcount=1

Hope this helps
/oxpo
APN name: wap.voicestream.com
User name:
Password:
Proxy: 216.155.165.050
Port: 8080
MMSC: Http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc

The above information is different from that available at
http://wiki.maemo.org/MMS#T-Mobile. The MMSC is different. I hesitate to update a wiki but if after some testing the information I have here proves useful then perhaps it will get updated to include the variant MMSC url.

Last edited by tzsm98; 2010-05-10 at 19:44. Reason: add a remark

Sorry to be a pain, can someone again confirm how to totally remove fMMS to enable a fresh install of the app, so settings are automatically configured? has anyon on vodafone uk installed the newest version and just had it work? thanks..

Posts: 33 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ North West England
Originally Posted by itambrose View Post
I installed fMMS from Extras Testing since it was moved up from Extras Devel so didn't need fAPN because this newer version has fAPN built in. I use Rude mode (disconnects from current connection, downloads message and then re-connects to original connection). But a side issue is that mine also connects to MMS instead of Vodafone Internet GRPS in situations where I lose regular internet connection - so unrelated to fMMS itself. I re-named MMS to zMMS so it comes at the end of my list of available connections and it doesn't seem to happen anymore. Maybe it connects to the first on the list alphabetically. I only realised this today so will check my online bill tomorrow for yesterday and see if it made any difference. On my old Nokias (E90, 5600, N70) the connection you picked didn't make a difference. Will update once I know.
Update - moving out of my wifi network (name: SKYnnnnn), where it formerly would connect to my regular 3G connection (name:Vodafone Internet GPRS), it now connects to the new APN (name:zMMS). Still don't know of any billing implications. Anybody found a solution to this?

I'm using the new fMMs v1.0.2 from Extras Testing.

i had trouble, but now i find that if i add text to mms, it works, if i dont add it then i cant send mms, so in theory it works for me

Posts: 547 | Thanked: 1,383 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by skalogre View Post
Actually, I reverted to 0.9.16 and it works for me again. I was using 1.0, then 1.03 (I think?)
I could send, I would get the push SMS and could see in the list the new MMS but failed every time to download. Strangely, it worked for a little while.
I had a brief look at the logs and I could see mention of timeouts.
I'm on T-Mobile USA.
Please e-mail me logs from 1.0.3 and when it's working in 0.9.16, thank you!

Originally Posted by Luz View Post
Sorry to be a pain, can someone again confirm how to totally remove fMMS to enable a fresh install of the app, so settings are automatically configured? has anyon on vodafone uk installed the newest version and just had it work? thanks..
You need PR1.2 for auto-configuration to work.

As stated in first post, to reset settings do:
Reset all settings:
gconftool-2 -R /apps/fmms|grep apn
Should return: apn = xxxx
gconftool-2 --recursive-unset /system/osso/connectivity/IAP/xxxx
gconftool-2 --recursive-unset /apps/fmms
Originally Posted by itambrose View Post
Update - moving out of my wifi network (name: SKYnnnnn), where it formerly would connect to my regular 3G connection (name:Vodafone Internet GPRS), it now connects to the new APN (name:zMMS). Still don't know of any billing implications. Anybody found a solution to this?

I'm using the new fMMs v1.0.2 from Extras Testing.
Which one of the APNs are listed under "Connect Automatically" in 'Internet Connections' in the "Settings"-panel? If it's Vodafone GPRS, I'm afraid not much can be done until Nokia discloses the algorithm on how the APN is chosen
If the MMS APN is listed there please do (also stated in the first post):
If the device is auto connecting to the MMS APN instead of the regular internet one automatically; runing:
/opt/fmms/fmms_config.py
in the terminal should correct this - please verify by checking in "Internet Connections" as well as edit the access point to make sure all settings got changed.

Thank you all for testing, and PLEASE read the first post before replying. Thank you!

Problem with fMMS? Run in x-terminal: cp /tmp/fmms.log /home/user/MyDocs/
After that you'll see fmms.log in filemanager or when you connect the device to your desktop as a mass storage device.
E-mail the log to me, if you don't have the email address, drop me a PM. Thanks!

fMMS - MMS for your N900
fAPN - GUI for adding a new GPRS APN
If you like this post, don't be shy to thank me -->

Posts: 203 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ St.Petersburg, Russia
In the list of messages fMMS to show wrong cyrillic text.

But in full message window text is correct

Also fMMS send wrong messages without text.
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to gLobster For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Luz View Post
Luz it took me a couple of goes to get it going on the new version but it works now fine on vodafone uk but only in havoc mode.

Hi,

I really need some help. Have uploaded the latest fmms (1.0.3) but i'm a total newbie to this kinda thing.
when I send a message it just says resizing and sending for ages then stops.

Can someone help me out in easy idiot proof steps please!!! I love this phone but really want to be able to send pics

Thanks!!!

Posts: 6 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Pilsen, Czech rep.
I am unable to force version 1.0.3 to download received MMS. It constantly freezes during downloading process, it shows "Trying to dowload MMS..."
I have tried everything (Havoc, Polite etc) and only ONE TIME (from hunderd attempts) the MMS was downloaded. But not anymore with the same settings. The older version with manual APN settings used to work perfect, so I really have no idea what's wrong...

The Following User Says Thank You to Platypus For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada rox, bada rulez, fmms, mms, mms config, n900, python