Closed Thread
Posts: 1,091 | Thanked: 323 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ ~
Originally Posted by vitamina View Post
I have enough space in mydocs, when i have to choose the size in mb i wrote 1900 ( i have a 2 gb card)
You should write at max 1700, otherwise you might have too little memory left.

The Following User Says Thank You to ToJa92 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 106 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bucharest
Stage 2 complete continuing to the final stage..press any key...
Extracting the Nitroid rootfs (part 1/2)
./installer.sh: line 112: bzip2: not found
Extracting the NITDroid rootfs (part 2/2)
bin/ and he stops at data/app/com.adobe.flashplayer-1apk
tar: write error no space left on device

ToJa92 - ur the man i set 1700 and working, no more errors... thanks ToJa92 thanks Steve

Last edited by vitamina; 2010-07-07 at 09:30.

Posts: 1,091 | Thanked: 323 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ ~
Originally Posted by vitamina View Post
Is any way i can download all necesary files from my pc and put them in place and then use autoinstaller ? autoinstaller will see them and will not use the 3G/Wifi ? it can be posible ?
Not yet and I'm not sure if this functionality would be good since it wont use MD5 to check the downloaded files..

I sorted out my problem, that I had after using the new bootmenu + new rootfs + new kernel etc!

Problem was:
If I selected the "Android-Bootmenu-Entry" with key "1" it reboots into bootmenu again.

I had the old bootmenu installed and followed the instructions from DJ_Steves post from
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=49811&page=215

The Problem I had was, that the new bootmenu bootet maemo just fine but not the Android-Menuitem at position "1" (pressing key 1)!

I moved my old bootmenu-etc-conf-item (/etc/bootmenu.d/android.etc.item) away and then pressed key "2" in the bootmenu, this boots partition 2 what is android!

Last edited by meShell; 2010-07-07 at 09:55.

Posts: 94 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Germany
Anyone else has the problmem with rootfs0.5-1 that the wizard on first boot wants you to touch the android but then nothing happens?

Nevermind, you have to keep touching it/hold it.

Posts: 1,306 | Thanked: 1,697 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Durham North-East UK
yep its related to the work android doin in backgroud also.

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Barcelona, Spain
Ive seen this error before but not yet a clear solution.. I have tried first the autoinstaller at first on a SD card of 8GB.. The autoinstaller already did the bootmenu and I've flashed the kernel manually. That didn't boot android so i formatted again manually: Ive made 1 partition 128MB, formatted to vfat and another partition (about 8GB) and formatted ext3. Ive extracted the rootfs to the big second ext3 partition using bunzip2/tar in maemo.

When booting the bootmenu comes up fine and i can select android.. but then:

Code:
getbootstate: Mounting mmcblk0p2
 on /mnt/new_root failed: No such device
Command exited with non-zero status 255
real  xx
user xx
sys xx
Choose bootup option:
 2) MMC
 9) Start a shell
Any idea what this could be? Could it be the SD card that it cant read somehow? Did i do something wrong with the rootfs / kernel?

Posts: 1,161 | Thanked: 1,707 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Denmark
installed the new froyo build using steves new guide. All went well but i can't boot into nitdroid. When i choose the number (1) that should boot nitdroid it just boots into the bootmenu again. Anybody know how to fix this?

An Other thing, the number (0) that should boot into maemo just shuts it down... Is it supposed to do that? Further more it takes a few tries to boot into maemo?

e: Solved my problem with booting into nitdroid. I used boot option 4

And it seems that booting into maemo is a bit off and on regarden if it turns off or boot onto maemo...

My Søciety6:
http://society6.com/Dousan

Last edited by Dousan; 2010-07-07 at 14:58.

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Serbia, Belgrade
Same was to me, but option 4 boots android for me...

Posts: 414 | Thanked: 109 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Silicon Valley
Hmmm....when you guys talk about pressing '0' or '1' or '4' at the boot menu, are you talking about the console screen where the background is black and characters white?

If so, I find that when I press any of the number keys on keyboard along with the blue arrow key, I only get the number '0', I can't seem to get any other number to work....

Nokia N900
Previous: Nokia N810 & N800

Closed Thread