Closed Thread
Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
Originally Posted by skalogre View Post
Evil... is among us!

Now, you have one last chance. Confess the heinous sin of heresy, reject the works of the ungodly -- *two* last chances. And you shall be free -- *three* last chances. You have three last chances, the nature of which I have divulged in my previous utterance.

Edit:
Aha! @ JayOnThaBeat, time to bring.. the comy chair!
Philistines! I heard some whispers from those guys in the corner saying HT HD2.

Posts: 569 | Thanked: 159 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ District of Columbia
What we need to do is find Peter's phone number, and everyone from this thread call him 24/7 till they release the phone.

-Socrates 469 BC

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Leeds UK
Originally Posted by spinnukur View Post
What we need to do is find Peter's phone number, and everyone from this thread call him 24/7 till they release the phone.
Well if he's got an n900 his battery may not last all day ;-)

I have never had anything but grief ordering from buy.com. I will never purchase from them again after , what I am calling , the saga of the broken and double monitors.

Also in response to battery lasting all day comment. If you read the power profiles thread - looks like battery lasting all day wont be an issue for 75% of users, those who use phone and internet a reasonable amount should be fine
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

Posts: 529 | Thanked: 262 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Eastleigh, Hampshire, UK
anyone else worried that by the time they get the n900 they'll have forgotten what it is they used to look at on the internet other than n900 related information?

on that note anyone have a list of the first things they're going to try when it's finally in their hands?
Check out Witter, a twitter client for N900
http://danielwould.wordpress.com/witter

If Witter isn't working for you, eg crashes/doesn't start, gives errors etc etc. Please run it from x-term using:
run-standalone.sh python2.5 /opt/witter/witter.py

This will generate diagnostic output. Without this I cannot help you.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dwould For This Useful Post:
Posts: 90 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by twaelti View Post
I had the same thoughts at the Summit before I got mine. Fortunately, the N900 will still beat your expectations .
I was and continue to be blown away by the capabilities and opportunities this device offers. In my opinion, it toasts everything else on the market.
[x] Hidden brag...
[x] I hate everyone who has an N900 =/

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mengs For This Useful Post:
Posts: 739 | Thanked: 242 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montreal
Originally Posted by dwould View Post
anyone else worried that by the time they get the n900 they'll have forgotten what it is they used to look at on the internet other than n900 related information?

on that note anyone have a list of the first things they're going to try when it's finally in their hands?
Make sure i got the correct information in the past 2 months? :P

ok, I have to say it ............ i'm about to lose my faith, i won't have my n900 for my birthday(10/27)

Posts: 41 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Paris, France
Originally Posted by Erebo View Post
ok, I have to say it ............ i'm about to lose my faith, i won't have my n900 for my birthday(10/27)
For birthday ? I would prefer an Iphone... cause it can also act as a candle sometimes ( and can also do scarification.... http://discussions.apple.com/thread....art=0&tstart=0)

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Madrid, Spain
Wrote to amazon.co.uk about the delay. This is the response I got:

Dear Paul,

Thank you for writing to us at Amazon.co.uk regarding your order #xxx-xxxxxxx-xxxxxxx.

I am sorry for any misunderstanding this issue had caused.

Once you place an order on our website that particular item gets automatically assigned to your order from our inventory which are in stock at the time you placed the order .

Rest assured I have researched your order #xxx-xxxxxxx-xxxxxxx for the item "Nokia N900 Sim Free Mobile Computer with Maemo 5 Software" and I am pleased to confirm that it is on time.

We still expect to dispatch your order by October 26, 2009 deliver it by the date listed in Your Account: October 29, 2009.

Once your order is dispatched from our Fulfilment Centre you'll receive an e-mail confirming the date, contents and method of delivery.

[...]

Anyway, I'll probably get an email from them tomorrow apologizing for the new delay ¬¬

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to togashi For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
boost karma here!, collective psychosis, drillee machine, elvis has an n900, fictional hardware, fixed in harmattan, funny tag competition, gimmie-gimmie-gimmie!!!, godot, haiku, is it here yet???, just around the corner, n900 & prejudice, n900 holy war, n900 shipping, no!, peter is so hot, poetry, private investigator, spy satellite, time killer, tweets showcase, urge to kill rising