Closed Thread

Posts: 142 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Austria
Hi all ...
This is my first post here, even if I'm reading through the post for a while now.
Because I'm from Austria a preorder from Nokia direct is not possible. So I preordered at cyberport.at about 3 weeks ago. Today I received an email from them where they wrote that my beloved N900 will be available somewhere in Q1/2010 .....
not able to talk at the moment ..... & never been so frustrated

Posts: 47 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Evry, France
Just got this email:

Dear Customer,

Greetings from Amazon.co.uk.

Unfortunately, the release date for the item(s) listed below was changed by the supplier, and we need to provide you with a new estimated delivery date based on the new release date:

"Nokia N900 Mobile Computer with Maemo 5 Software" Estimated arrival date: November 05 2009 - November 06 2009

One of Amazon's aims is to provide a convenient and efficient service; in this case, we have fallen short. Please accept our sincere apologies.

You have not been charged for this item. We do not debit money from your payment card until just before your items are dispatched. We will send you a dispatch confirmation email on the date of dispatch.

Thank you for shopping at Amazon.co.uk, we hope to see you again.

Please note: This e-mail was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming e-mail. Please do not reply to this message.

Sincerely,

Customer Service Department
Amazon.co.uk
http://www.amazon.co.uk

The initial estimated arrival date was 29-30 Oct. One extra week is not too bad, considering other shops are pushing the date into Dec.

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Graz, Austria
I'm from Austria too. I work at a company which sells all kind of IT stuff. So i have ordered my N900 at the biggest Austrian telecommunication distributor 3 weeks ago. I call them every week and ask for the delivery date. This week the person who is responsible for Nokia products told me that they have changed the expected delivery date of their order to last week of october. At the beginning it was the first week of october and last week it was 3rd week of october. I think that most of the other shops also don't have any other informations.

We can just wait and hope that Nokia really ships in the next weeks.

Posts: 271 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on May 2006 @ Aperture Science, Inc.
I just received an email that my german retailer Cyberport has pushed the estimated delivery date back - into beginning of 2010
reason: an announcement from their distributor.

Now i ordered from a second retailer ("Alternate") via "nachnahme" - you pay as the postman arrives at your door with the package. Alternate has October as expected delivery date. Strange.

Let's see who delivers first...

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
pushed back to Q1 2010 from 2 retailers?

either there's a major production backlog, or they've escalated 'the portrait issue' to be included in the initial preloaded firmware
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

If it doesnt ship or get an official release date directly from Nokia by Sunday, im done and as nice as the phone is I will buy another. I dont care for companies that will accept money and not give specifics....to me once you allow retailers to start collecting money, you should know enough about the product by that point to give detailed and concrete release information.

I watched this thread from day one...didnt think we would make it to 98 pages of the run around, we are obviously some of nokias most advanced and loyal (if not that we still had faith enough to drop 600) customers to even know about this device, but yet we sit here having to play detective and put retailer clues together, when the phone is made by nokia. In the future get the device nice and ready and dont speak of it until you can send it, or atleast give people the "I have my $h!t together and know when my device can be shipped date"

Side Note: If the were 300 n900's given away at the summits, what the heck are about 290 people doing with thier phone, I can name on hand the new reviews/previews that came after the summit, cover the device people! And there are way less videos than expected online given the number of devices out now. Our patience have run so short I spotted a poem?!

The Following User Says Thank You to xxMurdakillxx For This Useful Post:
Posts: 337 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ München, DE
Originally Posted by drm View Post
Finally a date…
http://www.slashgear.com/nokia-n900-...in-us-1660657/
Oh, you mean finally as in "October 12th" on shop.nokia.de until end of September?

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ München, DE
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
pushed back to Q1 2010 from 2 retailers?
No, it's the same retailer, just two different countries

Posts: 142 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Austria
Originally Posted by mosi0815 View Post
I'm from Austria too. I work at a company which sells all kind of IT stuff. So i have ordered my N900 at the biggest Austrian telecommunication distributor 3 weeks ago. I call them every week and ask for the delivery date. This week the person who is responsible for Nokia products told me that they have changed the expected delivery date of their order to last week of october. At the beginning it was the first week of october and last week it was 3rd week of october. I think that most of the other shops also don't have any other informations.

We can just wait and hope that Nokia really ships in the next weeks.
I draw some hope from your post ... by the way ... can you name this distributor. This would be nice because I've already canceled my preorder and now I'm searching for another reseller.
thx

Closed Thread

Tags
boost karma here!, collective psychosis, drillee machine, elvis has an n900, fictional hardware, fixed in harmattan, funny tag competition, gimmie-gimmie-gimmie!!!, godot, haiku, is it here yet???, just around the corner, n900 & prejudice, n900 holy war, n900 shipping, no!, peter is so hot, poetry, private investigator, spy satellite, time killer, tweets showcase, urge to kill rising