I was thinking about it, and the Inbox application is similar to Outlook. I think if I can hack the inbox folders, and populate them, in a way that Inbox can see them, then it will be cool. For example, if you had Outlook email you your Tasks (basically, emails that looked just like the task properties) in a folder called 'Tasks' under the inbox main folder, you could see them like they were Tasks in Outlook.

This is a stretch, but if you had little calendars HTML files (one for each month) in a folder called 'Calendar' under the inbox folder, perhaps it could show those calendars. I am not sure how this would work, but if it did, it would look very much like Outlook.

Also, say that you had an HTML file that looked like the properties page for each contact in Outlook, in a folder called 'Contacts', under the main inbox folder. Each HTML file would be named: 'Lastname, Firstname'. If you had Outlook email you this page, it would come in as email, and you could move them into this 'Contacts' folder, or have some app that would do it.

See the enclosed picture below:
Attached Images

Posts: 564 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Fayetteville, GA
Hmm... I like that Idea. Haven't really messed with email much for actual use, but I'd be willing to join forces with you in bringing this to fruition, if in fact it is feasible. Let me know which direction you want to go with this.

- Derek Coleman
3pm - So good, it's illegal