Posts: 27 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on May 2012 @ France
Originally Posted by buffer View Post
Yes, PinePhone itself is a new device in testing stages and isn't shipped with a default OS yet.

I did my research, but it's fair to be precise. Old Maemo is based on Debian.

Updated with installation instructions. https://leste.maemo.org/PinePhone#Installation

Build instructions are here: https://leste.maemo.org/Image_Builder

In other news, the sha256sum on the .xz image doesn't match its corresponding .sha file. Also, it would be helpful if it was named .sha256 so I wouldn't have to guess.

The sha256sum on the .tar.gz image does match.

And I dd'd the .tar.gz in the usual way, but it did not boot. Neither did untaring it work. What am I doing wrong?
Hi Buffer,

You must use this file with dd. And it will work

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kinchan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
I used the xz and it didn't boot for me too.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kinchan View Post
Hi Buffer,

You must use this file with dd. And it will work
As I said, the checksum did not match. So until that issue is fixed I won't use the file.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to buffer For This Useful Post:
i am one of the few noobs that will buy this phone when available, to use with maemo leste... keep up the great work !!!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to johnb543 For This Useful Post:
I just tried leste 1.0 pinephone last night and maemo leste extras does not work, missing public key. Is there a solution? Love the landscape orientation (just waiting for the keyboard)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to murak For This Useful Post:
Maybe give the latest image a try.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wizzup_ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
I just pulled the ripcord and ordered a pinephone, we will see about delivery times. Hope the COVID-19 & CN/US trade war doesn't hose me.
So I am going from a phone(N900) which I can make calls but cant surf anymore to one which I think I can't yet call but can definitely browse web.
I am looking forward to my hardware kill switches but still dreaming of my POCSAG intergrated pager module. Maybe I need to make a bluetooth pager interface; I still need to configure my amateur radio pager station for local area private paging.
Cant wait to drop Leste onto the phone. Is there hope for an aliendalvik for Leste in the near future?
(edit)
I am looking for a LineageOS(I can add microg) image to use on a bootable SD card for the pinephone If I need to use it as an emergency functional spare tire when using it as a daily driver phone.

Last edited by biketool; 2020-07-17 at 08:01.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post:
Posts: 172 | Thanked: 628 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Albuquerque, NM, USA
Originally Posted by biketool View Post
I just pulled the ripcord and ordered a pinephone, we will see about delivery times. Hope the COVID-19 & CN/US trade war doesn't hose me.
My pine is on the same boat.

I am looking for a LineageOS(I can add microg) image to use on a bootable SD card for the pinephone If I need to use it as an emergency functional spare tire when using it as a daily driver phone.
I supersize with you, but I think you ought not. Meanwhile, Glodroid is out there, but it's not in good shape. I've also heard legends of the Pixel3 running Android on mainline kernel.

I suppose we'll see. I'd rather help get Anbox in shape than help Glodroid. But either way, I'm sure GreatGoogleyMoogley will find a way to screw us for our insolence.

Last edited by preflex; 2020-07-20 at 10:00. Reason: words

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to preflex For This Useful Post:
Posts: 172 | Thanked: 628 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Albuquerque, NM, USA
Also, having gone through the seven stages of systemd (and pulse) i've been coping okay with lennartware. Going back to old-fashioned init scripts will be a bit like going back in time, but I suppose the time masheen is the point of porting Fremantle to gtk3 and whatnot. I guess I'm really just in it for the X11 and familiar UI.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to preflex For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
Wow, walking it back from systemd!
Everyone hates it but so much of the stuff in Linux is now built around that, so much corporate FOSS contribs behind it.

I hope they put out a good case(I hear that they were giving them away if you had an order in at some FOSS convention). I always look for the most military grade bulletproof cover, I even found an otterbox for my N900 which is still old nokia-grade admantium. I also like to put on a second layer of glass protection on the front.
I am the kind of guy who wrecks phones and watches frequently.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post:

Tags
maemo 7, pine phone