Active Topics

Notices

I get a freeze as well... and I just installed today (11/18). I love Kagu, and I've tried everything my linux-deficient brain could think of to fix the problem. Freezes every time right when the music/nowplaying/settings list pops up. Everything up to that point seems to be working, including a full scan.

I'll be looking for the next update and am going to be a bit lost without Kagu at work tomorrow...

Originally Posted by mjparker75 View Post
I get a freeze as well... and I just installed today (11/18). I love Kagu, and I've tried everything my linux-deficient brain could think of to fix the problem. Freezes every time right when the music/nowplaying/settings list pops up. Everything up to that point seems to be working, including a full scan.

I'll be looking for the next update and am going to be a bit lost without Kagu at work tomorrow...
Have you tried rebooting the tablet? We've seen a few of these issues, but they're usually not Kagu. They're issues with the tablet doing odd things. Try a reboot (pull the battery) and see if that helps.

Originally Posted by trevarthan View Post
Have you tried rebooting the tablet? We've seen a few of these issues, but they're usually not Kagu. They're issues with the tablet doing odd things. Try a reboot (pull the battery) and see if that helps.
Worked like a charm... I'd rebooted several times... why doesn't it reboot completely without pulling the battery? thanks a bunch

Originally Posted by mjparker75 View Post
Worked like a charm... I'd rebooted several times... why doesn't it reboot completely without pulling the battery? thanks a bunch
No clue. Just the way these tablets are.

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
It reboots fully so long as you do not have the charger plugged in. When the charger is in, it basically locks the screen and goes into offline mode.

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Fylde Coast
Just updated to the latest Kagu - and wanted to say a massive thank you to Trevarthan and all the Team involved for implementing the sort by year option - fantastic - all albums now in their correct release order

I'd also like to echo ascherjim's request to re-label 'songs' to 'tracks' as I too have quite a mix of audio media such as audiobooks and ambient pieces that aren't really songs per se...

One final question - will custom artist image be implemented in a future release, maybe via a artist.jpeg stored in the relevant folder?

Keep up the excellent work - I've shown Kagu to a number of people now and it never fails to impress. The standard response (after the initial 'wows' & 'cool') is "wow, it's just like an iphone" - to which I always reply, "no, it's better"

Originally Posted by audioworld View Post
@powder2000:

does the 1.0.10-2 update fix your freezing problem?
I had other issues that may have added to my headache and decided to just reflash my device. I may try this again. Thanks for getting back to me.

Last edited by powder2000; 2007-11-19 at 21:51.

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by ClockworkCar View Post
"wow, it's just like an iphone" - to which I always reply, "no, it's better"
Doesn't it feel so good being able to say that?

After a reinstall of the latest 2007he on my 770, this still does not work. As mentioned before, it hangs at the first screen. I think it is because I modded the flash drive (see my past posts) and ever since then, my headphone jack hasn't worked. If this latest version is checking for headphones, it may be hanging. I'll have to look into what exactly I broke when I modded it.

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Fylde Coast
Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
Doesn't it feel so good being able to say that?
hehe, yes it does

I'm not want to gloat - I just like to point out that similar technology has been around for a few years (even if Kagu & UKMP haven't) and that the iphone isn't (quite) as innovative as most internet pundits seem to believe...