The Following User Says Thank You to steffen800 For This Useful Post:
This did the install for me just fine. However, the application manager says that there is an update for pygtkeditor of version 2.2.0 (the same as the installed version) but that it can't be updated because the package python-pygtksourceview is missing. But I just installed it. What is going on?

probably a repository list problem. e.g. you should have no entries for diablo and chinook pointing to same repository. i just installed the debs above and app manager had nothing to mention. but i only have very few repositories, not those long lists as i have seen here often.

Wow, i inally got v 2.2 installed using the application manager! i had to read allmost the entire thread tho. at last the dummy lib file posted earlier in this fixed the depenency problems. thanks, it looks like it will be a great program!!

Khertan I don't know if this project is still active but there are a few caveats which make this kind of difficult to use sometimes.

Any filenames with spaces I cannot open since it completely ignores quotes and escape characters on the commandline. The other is that pygtkeditor does not show on the "open with" menu. So I'm often forced to use other editors in these situations.

Last edited by Cue; 2010-11-17 at 16:25.

Posts: 1,012 | Thanked: 817 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ France
Hi !

This project isn't really alive.

If you are using a n900 or Maemo5 i ll suggest you to try KhtEditor which is a rewrite from scratch in Qt of PyGTKEditor much faster much better. But still in dev (http://khertan.net/khteditor). Available in extras-devel repository for the moment.

If you are still using Maemo 4. Maybe i should take a look to patch it, as from what i remember the 2.x line can open file with space in name from the command line, and i didn't have any problem on my n810 to open a file from the file manager.

The Following User Says Thank You to Khertan For This Useful Post:
What are you using PyGtkEditor on ? If it's on N900/Maemo5, there is now KhtEditor,also from Khertan, which is the currently maintained version.

The Following User Says Thank You to fpp For This Useful Post:
Thanks khertan and fpp. Sorry, I should have pointed out that I'm using an N900. I'll give KhtEditor a go.

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ torino - italia
can anyone help me?

I often start pygtkeditor from terminal.
when I try to change settings I can see this in terminal:
Code:
~ $ pygtkeditor
python
Error in sys.excepthook:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/opt/pygtkeditor/pge_report.py", line 23, in my_excepthook
    formatted_text = "%s Version %s\nTrace : %s\nComments : " (str(APP_NAME), str(APP_VERSION), s)
TypeError: 'str' object is not callable

Original exception was:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/opt/pygtkeditor/pge_window.py", line 492, in menu_button_clicked
    prefs.edit(self)
  File "/home/opt/pygtkeditor/pge_preferences.py", line 100, in edit
    w_font.set_active(font_names.index(self.prefs_dict['font_name']))
ValueError: list.index(x): x not in list
The problem is that no more settings is available.

I also tried to install ktheditor but some application missing and conflict with pakages made it impossible.

PR1.2 is my firmware(i think...) since no update was possible directly from app manager neither ovi suite....
thanks for any suggestion.