Posts: 1,012 | Thanked: 817 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ France
Hi,

I'm porting pyne4maemo and as i dev onboard i would know if it ll be possible to make package onboard. I'm totally a newbie in creating debian packages process. I ve read on a blog that someone have creating python script to make debian package for maemo. But i can't find it again, and when i ve tryed it, it won't work onboard due to the fact that some distutils libs is missing.

Thanks.

Posts: 64 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ abuja, nigeria (currently)
hi,
you can cheat with the instructions on http://synthesize.us/HOWTO_make_a_de...e_without_dpkg

will need ar, tar, and gzip on n800

rob.

Arg it s seems that ar command is missing on maemo bora ... i ll try with the python script distmaemo which seems to include a tool to do ar compressed file.

Thanks for your help.

Originally Posted by Khertan View Post
Arg it s seems that ar command is missing on maemo bora ... i ll try with the python script distmaemo which seems to include a tool to do ar compressed file.
Sorry for resurrecting this thread, but did you ever find ar? I just compiled binutils (ar is part) and have it running on my N800.

Hum ... thanks.

But as i want PyPackager to be less dependents as possible, i made ar compress tool in python Ar format isn't very difficult to understand, and to reproduce.

Thanks.

My tool is available at maemo.org/downloads/ . PyPackager.