Posts: 1,012 | Thanked: 817 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ France

I've just release an alpha version of PyPackager, a small GUI tool to create package on maemo based on bdist_maemo.

You can find it on my web site : http://khertan.net/

It s an alpha version.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Khertan For This Useful Post:
PyPackager 0.2.0 is available. Now PyPackager remove MacOSX hidden file when making a package.

Posts: 883 | Thanked: 980 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bern, Switzerland
You are my saviour :-) This way, I might finally be able to pack my "mClock" application into something distributable!
One first question: What kind of stuff do I need to put in the source folder? How to structure it (subfolders?) I put the two .py files in there, plus some .jpg-Images. However, I've also prepared a mClock.desktop file and a .png-Icon. Do they get used or do you create a default.desktop and icon yourself within pyPackager?
(is it based on the updated script available here? this would already offer icon support)

Glad for two lines of help :-)
Thanks!
-Tom

Last edited by twaelti; 2007-09-11 at 09:43.

I'm also interested in example... i just have 1 .py file in directory and nothing happens

OH thank you! This will come in handy, if I can ever get my app to work!

I ll write a tutorial on how to use it.

But briefly,

It s a tool to create a package from a folder witch contains the files to install in tree structure.

For example, for a simple python script nammed 'plong.py' launched by a sh script you need to create this structure in a folder nammed 'sources' :

sources/usr/bin/plong (a sh file with a simple command : python '/usr/lib/plong/plong.py'
sources/usr/lib/plong/plong.py
sources/usr/share/application/hildon/plong.desktop
sources/usr/share/pixmaps/plong.png

then select the folder 'sources' with the choose folder in PyPackager

Last edited by Khertan; 2007-09-11 at 20:18.

A new version of PyPackager is available. I've added an open/save function to open and save package project, i've added an icon, and added an function to calc automatically the "installed-size" information in created package.

Still available on my web site : http://khertan.net/
Don't hesitate to report any bugs to my bugs tracker.

Last edited by Khertan; 2007-09-12 at 07:47.

Posts: 883 | Thanked: 980 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bern, Switzerland
Originally Posted by Khertan View Post
A new version of PyPackager is available.
...and allowed me to finally create a PACKAGED alpha version of mClock, my simple clock for the N800 that includes a day/night worldmap. Download the attachement (90 kB) to try it out.
Version 0.0.1 however, so be warned :-) Press the bottom left corner of the screen to switch between a small and a large clock view. Press any hardware button to quit. Still quite a ressource hog, don’t let it run too long or it might empty your battery… But ok for a first glimpse. have fun and a very big thank you to Khertan!
Attached Files
File Type: deb mClock-0.0.1.all.deb (93.5 KB, 319 views)

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 737 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Helsinki
Great Stuff!! Kudos To You Khertan!

Posts: 191 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Ottawa
Originally Posted by Khertan View Post
A new version of PyPackager is available. I've added an open/save function to open and save package project, i've added an icon, and added an function to calc automatically the "installed-size" information in created package.

Still available on my web site : http://khertan.net/
Don't hesitate to report any bugs to my bugs tracker.
Great stuff Khertan! I have a couple of questions, though.
1) I have successfully created a deb from a tree containing a binary applicaiton. When I run the application, no icon appears in the lower left menu bar (showing the applications that are running). What does one need to get the icon for the app to show up in the "task bar"?

2) this application is not GTK based (it is Nedit, a powerful GUI editor), could this be my problem with the icon not showing up in the "task bar"?

Thanks in advance!

Craig...