Notices

@reinob,

Thank you for you support. I read on pages 40 and more that some people were success in compressing the backup ubifs and they recovered the "lost" space in the rootfs. However, I do not know if this can be achieved by modifying a backupmenu script or it is more complex. Can anybody help on this with "easy" steps?

Regarding the use of backupmenu, reinob, if you don't use backupmenu, how do you make full backups of your rootfs? Or simply you don't do that?

Best regards.

Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by ikerrg View Post
Regarding the use of backupmenu, reinob, if you don't use backupmenu, how do you make full backups of your rootfs? Or simply you don't do that?
1. I don't make backups.
2. I answered on the recovery-console thread your question about how to do the backup by hand from the recovery console!

Originally Posted by reinob View Post
1. I don't make backups.
2. I answered on the recovery-console thread your question about how to do the backup by hand from the recovery console!
Sorry, reinob. Multiple new messages masked your response. I'll read it right now. Thanks a lot!

The Following User Says Thank You to ikerrg For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ivyking View Post
I have gotten backupmenu to start from u-boot without needing r&d mode nor repartitioning and without complex instructions this time..

so forget the complex instructions at
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=882

new instructions:
download the zip archive from http://ifile.it/d3ehfn2 (5.8 MB)
extract the contents of the archive to the first partition of your sdcard (fat32).
shutdown, then start again and let u-boot timer time out.

thats all !
can't get any easier

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

notes (normally not needed):

1)backupmenu disk gets loaded as an initrd and backupmenu runs from the ram, so configuring network interfaces by modifying backupmenu directly is not possible.(well it is possible but it won't be saved when you reboot)
instead place a file called interfaces, containing your network configuration on the first partition of the sdcard, backupmenu will use that instead.

2)if you already have a boot.scr file on the first partition of your sdcard, rename the one from the archive to backupmenu.scr
u-boot will normally load your original boot.scr file, and when you want to run backupmenu, there are 2 solutions:

a)sane solution:
rename your boot.scr to something else and rename backupmenu.scr to boot.scr and start the device.

b)crazy solution:
interrupt the u-boot timer and write the following :

Code:
mmc init
fatload mmc1 0 0x80000400 backupmenu.scr
source 0x80000400
you will have to type that blazingly fast though if you haven't enabled r&d mode and set no-omap-wd r&d flag.
The link to download the uboot version of backumenu is dead.
Could please somebody reupload. Thanks

FYI: I'am using pali's U-boot and I would like to do full backup of N900 before installing CSSU-thumb.

Posts: 362 | Thanked: 426 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Italy, Lombardia
Originally Posted by mauron85 View Post
The link to download the uboot version of backumenu is dead.
Could please somebody reupload. Thanks

FYI: I'am using pali's U-boot and I would like to do full backup of N900 before installing CSSU-thumb.
Only two pages before this page: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=1116

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fabry For This Useful Post:
Hi guys, i need help... I just tried to restore a image that now i think was broken... The process was concluded but after reboot the phone doesn't boot anymore... Just shows the nokia logo and a white led for some seconds and them shutdown. Doesn't matter if kbd is open or closed. Is there a way to fix that without a full reflash ? Where i can found some information about that ? I'm using the last versions of backupmenu and bootmenu and, of course, tried restore a image with same kernel that i'm on it (kp51-r1). Sorry about the poor english.
Thanks.

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by Fabry View Post
Only two pages before this page: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=1116
Also down. Could anyone re-upload it, please?

Thank you.

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 1,127 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
Also down. Could anyone re-upload it, please?

Thank you.

Found this one using the search engine on filecrop.com

http://mediafire.com/?no6d2cxiy67qlx1

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anthonie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Thank you! Let's hope it's the correct file. This one has md5 checksum of b0532e1c3cc751280304dbad0dc797fd .

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 1,127 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
@nodevel; I heard other people wondering, was it actually the correct file?

Tags
backup, backupmenu, cssusupplement, max(useful), rescue-console, restore, system