Notices

Closed Thread
Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
Originally Posted by pablocrossa View Post
BTW, what happens after the year?? Wazapp simply stops working, I guess the same with your implementation no??
Yes, I guess. Every time you log in the Whatsapp servers notify you your expiration date. I guess login would stop after that day unless you pay.

I've heard people that if you re-register your account you can get another year but those are things I haven't tested since my account expires on May 5th 2013.

The Following User Says Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pablocrossa View Post
BTW, what happens after the year?? Wazapp simply stops working, I guess the same with your implementation no??
Just buy a new prepaid number and register. Simple!

Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
Originally Posted by patlak View Post
Isn't that more expensive that paying $1.99 to Whatsapp via Paypal? A SIM Card with a new number is at least $5.

The Following User Says Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
I do not use Whatsapp, it was more me being curious and all

Posts: 461 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao (Basque Country [Spain])
I have been able to re-register with my real IMEI with the last update of Peterbjornx's Java port

Now I can use Yappari in my mobile and works very well

Anxiously waiting for notifications, smileys and groups

Thank you Scorpius

The Following User Says Thank You to malkavian For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
Isn't that more expensive that paying $1.99 to Whatsapp via Paypal? A SIM Card with a new number is at least $5.
If you don't have the option to pay since it's not an official client, that's a possibility. Otherwise, paying on a supported format would be nicer.

Originally Posted by malkavian View Post
I have been able to re-register with my real IMEI with the last update of Peterbjornx's Java port

Now I can use Yappari in my mobile and works very well

Anxiously waiting for notifications, smileys and groups

Thank you Scorpius
How? It doesn't work for me.

Posts: 461 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao (Basque Country [Spain])
How? It doesn't work for me.
By voice method. Obviously I haven't had the problem you talk about in Java port's thread. Can't help you, sorry.

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Trinidad
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
You need to wait for the next release so you can re-register. The current release only works for people that have registered successfully using the Java port.

That's stated in the first post (that nobody reads) in the biggest font available

Anyway you just need to wait for a couple of days.
I've successfully registered & used the Java port in the past. Since then I've flashed my phone without re-installing the Java port. When I run Yappari, I'm seeing connected then disconnected. The phone number I logged-in with is the same as the one I used with the Java port. I've even deleted the yappri.conf file. Help please!!!!

I have just managed to get it running. One hint for people in Germany: you must leave out the leading zero of your phonenr. So the country code is 49 and if my cell number is 0171-64blabla then the line in the config file must be "4917164blabla".

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ozymandias For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp