Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
We will see what happens... 10 Days to wait... but there is already a "exciting news" announced for tomorrow!

Look at this thread or directly here.

They said it's a exciting news.
They have already confirmed it's not full Meego support for N900. So it must be something similar like at example ovi Maps 3.0, Flash 10.1 or PR 1.3 with a lot of fixed Bugs, fixed modest and swipe for action when receiving a call. Not less... simply a exciting news!

Something as big as the news we get at July the 30th. But as said already tomorrow!

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 362 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ London
"They said it's a exciting news.
They have already confirmed it's not full Meego support for N900. So it must be something similar like at example ovi Maps 3.0, Flash 10.1 or PR 1.3 with a lot of fixed Bugs, fixed modest and swipe for action when receiving a call. Not less... simply a exciting news!

Something as big as the news we get at July the 30th. But as said already tomorrow!
"

Surely no hype or spin job I hope.

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Come to think of it... I think it has to do something with THIS:
www.n8makemyapp.com

Nokia was holding an idea competition for the new Nokia N8..... I think the results will be revealed and the winning ideas will be turn into real apps.

Could it be?

Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
You may want to compare MeeGo and Maemo and then think again about this statement.
My argument was based on the notion that migration from debian based to ubuntu based is not the same as migration from debian based to fedora based. In the world of linux that is a significant change. Maybe my statement was too dismissive, it is after all still Linux.

Cooler heads prevail.

I remember that there was going to be a surprise about Portal at E3.

The surprise was that it is coming to PS3.
I hope the surprise from Nokia isnt as shitty.

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Well, everybody can ease up and go home... It's a bit... underwhelming. IMHO the Web Runtime, QtMobility and FCamera are orders of magnitude bigger news than this, but then, maybe it's just me.

We’ve been posting some exciting teaser images here in the Ovi Blog for the past two weeks, and you’ve been guessing what it all means. Is it a credit card snapping? Is it an Ovi song?

Today, we finally unveil (part of) the mystery.

Starting next Friday (July 30), we’re premiering an original comic series here on the Ovi Blog called “Old School”. We won’t tell you too much more about it, but it’s fun and we hope you love it.

And for those that were guessing, this isn’t a product launch or announcement. It’s just a thank you for everyone who loves Ovi and reads the blog. Share it, like it, comment on it, repost it: we’re looking forward to your reaction!

So, one week from today, look out for Old School!

http://blog.ovi.com/2010/07/23/ovis-...es-old-school/

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
A comic? Shocking, really shocking, verging on embarrassing - it just beggars belief.

Meanwhile, Ovi still sucks, but at least we have a comic.

The Following User Says Thank You to Milhouse For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
People, here's your proof that Ovi's run by spastics.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
They really should raise their emotional standard. A web comic about a painful subject should fall under "interesting development" at best. I'd be more happy if it was mentioned as "a nice addition to our website".
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following User Says Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by casper27 View Post
Making a really bad call??
Some people like myself and a few others on this forum did do alot of research and reading on here and other forums about the N900 way before it was released and even I was suprised by quite a few issues.

Mr general public who saw just the marketing campaign and soft wording by Nokia ie "Comes with Ovi Maps Navigation" will take it as read that as the other lower end phones come with voice guided Ovi Maps Navigation this unit would aswell.
The other issue of MMS ,though I personally don't care, is that everyone bleats on here show me where it says it has MMS capabilities but a basic function on most phones now days is MMS capability so alot of dissapointed people buy the phone totally unaware of this omission.

The shiny video marketed to the masses shows someone sharing pictures freeley with their friends. Granted to a tech guy it is plainly not MMS but still could have been taken that way.
Not all people read or take part in blogs and forums where there are lots of people who can read the tech specs and pick up on these "little" ommisions.
exactly. if you lack decent research, there is a possibility that you make a bad call..

and who believes marketing material over-positively anyway?
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Tags
bought n900, misstep, n900 owner, nokia, ovi store, ovitards, shitty comics, wtf comics!?