Notices

Posts: 92 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ China
xbmcremote_1.3.0~beta2 didn't show the cover
cover is ok on PC
Attached Images

Originally Posted by asdfghjkl View Post
I can discover a host with no issues, but when I click Connect, nothing happens - it drops me back to the same screen you get when you click Cancel. This happens with 1.3.0 beta 1 and 2, and whether I add a host manually or via zeroconf. It did work the first time I tried, but hasn't since. Any idea if this is the same problem, or a separate bug?
Please run xbmcremote with "-d connection" arguments and send me the output via email. Right now I can't thell whats happening. In my experience this happens mostly because of issues in the network connection, bad settings in xbmc or some firewall on the host where xbmc runs on.

If the connection still fails when launching xbmc for the first time after rebooting the PC, then you can at least tell its not caused by the bug I mentioned earlier.

Originally Posted by mdbxh View Post
xbmcremote_1.3.0~beta2 didn't show the cover
cover is ok on PC
Please run xbmc with "-d player,connection" and send me the debug output while reproducing the issue via email. Thanks

Originally Posted by mzanetti View Post
Please run xbmcremote with "-d connection" arguments and send me the output via email. Right now I can't thell whats happening. In my experience this happens mostly because of issues in the network connection, bad settings in xbmc or some firewall on the host where xbmc runs on.

If the connection still fails when launching xbmc for the first time after rebooting the PC, then you can at least tell its not caused by the bug I mentioned earlier.
It looks like the problem disappears once I remove the overclock on the machine running xbmc, so it's not a bug after all. Sorry to have bothered you! Great app by the way, it's working absolutely flawlessly now.

Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Originally Posted by mzanetti View Post
Please try this for a bit and let me know how it works for you:
http://notyetthere.org/data/xbmcremo...eta1_armel.deb
good looking! So far so good on a n900. The .deb however appears not to install a desktop file or icon. Works fine fron CLI.

Originally Posted by handaxe View Post
good looking! So far so good on a n900. The .deb however appears not to install a desktop file or icon. Works fine fron CLI.
Thanks for testing. Here's a beta2 for fremantle which should fix the issue:

http://notyetthere.org/data/xbmcremo...eta2_armel.deb

The Following User Says Thank You to mzanetti For This Useful Post:
Hi

I think I've found a bug with beta2.

When using aeon nox skin, and adding widgets to the home screen page, there's a step in which you're asked to type the name of the widget. If you click ok in the n9 remote the new keypad goes away but the dialog in xbmc remains and there's no way to close it. Happens all the time. This didn't happen with beta1.

Thanks,

xbmcremote_1_3_0-fremantle0~beta2_armel

Thanks for the update!

two buttons are not responding during video playback:
Attached Images

Last edited by impeham; 2013-02-04 at 20:16.

Originally Posted by javiermon View Post
Hi

I think I've found a bug with beta2.

When using aeon nox skin, and adding widgets to the home screen page, there's a step in which you're asked to type the name of the widget. If you click ok in the n9 remote the new keypad goes away but the dialog in xbmc remains and there's no way to close it. Happens all the time. This didn't happen with beta1.

Thanks,
Can't find it. Can you provide more detailed instructions where this happens?

Originally Posted by impeham View Post
xbmcremote_1_3_0-fremantle0~beta2_armel

Thanks for the update!

two buttons are not responding during video playback:
ok... I have updated the keypad. Its quite ugly as it is but I'm not motivated enough to paint new icons for the old keypad.

http://notyetthere.org/data/xbmcremo...eta3_armel.deb

The Following User Says Thank You to mzanetti For This Useful Post: