Closed Thread
Posts: 1,104 | Thanked: 5,652 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Holland
Stack 'm up!

Will first print 16 keyboards and assemble these in one go, these will go to the following people (last names removed for privacy reasons)

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 10 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Mar 2014 @ Finland
Originally Posted by kimmoli View Post
PCB files are also available in my github repo.
also binary and necessary config files are there now.
instructions to folllow.
source files will be there when i manage to get rpm build automated...
it will then include all necessary configs.
(some .spec magic needed.)

https://github.com/kimmoli/tohkbd
Hi!

Does this mean that we can config our own keyboard files?

Example with my Motorola Droid 4 i did put scandinavian alphabets (הצו) to some keys so that they where always only one click (not with sym etc.) away. And same time did put something other behind the sym-key that isn't so often used.

Originally Posted by Uitto View Post
Hi!

Does this mean that we can config our own keyboard files?

Example with my Motorola Droid 4 i did put scandinavian alphabets (הצו) to some keys so that they where always only one click (not with sym etc.) away. And same time did put something other behind the sym-key that isn't so often used.
as stated many many many times before, there will very very very very probably be a very practical way to use צהן etc

the file excel file is just the way they are mapped to the micro-controller -but if you look at the pcb files you could have figured that out by yourself ofcourse

Posts: 562 | Thanked: 2,744 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Espoo, Finland
Originally Posted by dirkvl View Post
....very practical....
I will start working on this as soon as i get my fingers on the "developer edition", hopefully early next week. I have been kinda coding blindfolded until now.

And when the sources are published you can do what-ever keymapping you like - or there might be even possibility to make simple mapping configuration through text-file (and then someone can make UX to configure it)

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kimmoli For This Useful Post:
Posts: 10 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Mar 2014 @ Finland
Originally Posted by dirkvl View Post
as stated many many many times before, there will very very very very probably be a very practical way to use צהן etc
Yes, I've understood this. It just seems that people have so different manners to use their buttons. So it's good if anyone can customize their keyboard as they want it.

But anyway, nice to see you assembling the final versions. Maybe I'll get mine soon too and then we can get a closer look to the code and keyboard layout.

Since I am -finally- happy with all the parts and have started production, the 3D parts are uploaded to the dropbox folder

I scaled these parts 0.75%, but that will be depending on the printer and material you use!

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
so production, much keyboard

for all that think this is a lot of work -> it is.

3 hours later:

now touch up on all pcb's..

Last edited by dirkvl; 2014-03-12 at 14:09.

The Following 39 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
massive respect. <3

wow.. its beautiful

Just paid for mine. Thank you for all your work. Can't wait to receive this awesome other half.

Closed Thread

Tags
keyboard, limited-edition, otherhalf, qwerty