Notices

Posts: 245 | Thanked: 233 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Ljubljana, Slovenia
Hello!

I messed something with Converations application - as far as I found that kind of problem was not asked, yet

I installed "smswidget_0.2.1-1_armel.deb" via dpkg. Unfortunately, it didn't work (showing black rectangle) so I uninstalled.

Now, if I run Conversations and click on some SMS, blank window open without previous messages and showing phone number instead name on top. Also message appear "SMS delivery failed for X" where X is phone number.

Only SMS's are affected, IM's are OK.

Found a workaround -- conversation can be opened via adressbook -- open person and click on SMS will open previous conversations.

SO I thought reinstaling Conversations might help, but I don't know the name of package

Any other ideas wellcome

Try looking for the package name in here:

http://maemo.org/packages/repository...t_pr1-2_armel/

Hey I think I found it:

http://maemo.org/packages/view/rtcom-messaging-ui/

Try "rootsh apt-get install --reinstall rtcom-messaging-ui"

The Following User Says Thank You to GameboyRMH For This Useful Post:
Thanks for tip -- I did, but problem is still here.

It's ... strange. I also can't send SMS from conversations -- create new sms, type, send --> delivery failed.

If I start adressbook first and create SMS from there it work.

Strange part -- after SMS is received it appear in Conversations (so database is not affected), I can see sender and also preview of message, but if I try to open - fail (so not only older messages that are already in inbox, new messages are also affected).

I think I broke some link between conversations and contacts

Edit: I I make reply on such "empty" sms I can type message, but after sending nothing happen, typed text just dissappear and no sign of message being sent.

Last edited by sponka; 2010-08-10 at 21:55.

The Following User Says Thank You to sponka For This Useful Post:
I had the same problem yesterday. Exactly the same. The only thing which came to me was a reflash so I did it

Maybe too fast

I did some "mental check" what exactly did before problem(s). And I figured that messing with apt-get in terminal caused all this -- I was annoyed with MyContacts app and at some point decided to uninstall it. That was OK untill I got "brigt" idea to use "apt-get autoremove & purge" --> removed a bit too much :P

This morning went and made "apt-get upgrade" and also installed MyContacts back -- after reboot all problems related to Conversations are gone!

Probably better to stick to ordinary package manager and/or FAM :P

Thanks all for help and sorry for drama