Dunno, but I think your safest bet is the Nokia charger. I had to make a special USB-cable (short the data pins) to get my belkin USB outlet to play nice with the N9.

The Following User Says Thank You to slarti For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by slarti View Post
Dunno, but I think your safest bet is the Nokia charger. I had to make a special USB-cable (short the data pins) to get my belkin USB outlet to play nice with the N9.
I'm not asking about chargers, please see my last post, I've addressed most points myself (some have been addressed thanks to input from others), but 1-2 remain.

Thank-you.

Last edited by jalyst; 2013-06-20 at 03:47. Reason: typo

Ah, sorry, I just skimmed through without paying too much attention. I don't have any experience on after market antennas but I'm pretty sure there's no way to boost the N9's reception with one.

I do have some experience with AUX-in cables and it's almost impossible to find (sound)quality differences in them. One thing you should try, though, if you are using the silicone cover that came with the phone, is that the plug goes all the way in. The cover could get in the way with some plug head designs.

Posts: 192 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Austin, Tx
Originally Posted by Silwer View Post
Nokia n8 holder fits perfectly: http://mbrett.files.wordpress.com/20...6102010010.jpg
I use this one in my Jeep that I offroad in frequently, and it has never dropped the phone

Originally Posted by slarti View Post
Ah, sorry, I just skimmed through without paying too much attention.
I don't have any experience on after market antennas but I'm pretty sure there's no way to boost the N9's reception with one.
Thanks buddy,

If anyone can offer advice for that last query, or the 2nd-last one (which was pretty much fully addressed by slarti), please do share here.
Both queries are in the last post on the previous page...

Thanks again!

Last edited by jalyst; 2013-08-08 at 04:17.

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
In the theme of cheap chargers http://dx.com/p/car-cigarette-powere...d-black-222339

Don't know about the quality yet though, just ordered it just because I wanted to change my single adapter to dual one, and it looked nice enough for testing.

EDIT:
Finally arrived and tested that piece of crap shitty piece of charger. I want to say what Linus would say. But that one is utter crap and can charge max 100mA at most if anything. So not recomending it.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

Last edited by rainisto; 2013-07-25 at 10:23. Reason: Review.

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Maybe it's a bit late, but this week i'll switch from the N900-specific Brodit cradle to a combination of:

Brodit 215058 - Brodit Mounting Plate for Herbert Richter with Tilt Swivel
and
Herbert Richter 1245/42 "Mini Smart Gripper 3"
...which is the smaller version of the universal holder HR 1245/46 explained here.

Last edited by don_falcone; 2013-06-26 at 12:42.

The Following User Says Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
The 4x Chinese "cheapies" I ordered seem to be way more suitable...
They're "cheap as chips" yet the build-quality is surprisingly decent, & they're cut exactly for the N9 (so Camera/NFC etc can be used).
One of them has arrived & already I'm quite happy, I'll compare it to the other 3x when they arrive & pick 1x.
I'll keep the other 3x as backups, or maybe even give them to friends/family who have N9's.

Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
If anyone can offer advice for that last query, or the 2nd-last one (which was pretty much fully addressed by slarti), please do share here.
^BUMP for this please! TY.

Last edited by jalyst; 2013-08-08 at 04:18.

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Sure, but then you are always locked to a specific current device. Besides that, i don't like those cradles that have direct contact with housings.

Fair enough, different strokes for different folks...
The ones I got (at least not all of them) don't require direct contact with the housings, they should be usable with the stock case or similar.

Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
^BUMP for this please! TY.

Last edited by jalyst; 2013-08-08 at 04:19.