Active Topics

Posts: 158 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Timisoara, Romania
@catbus

But if you go to Settings - Applications - Aplications Management button you have to see Update on the apps that have updates (or some like that, i don't have english UI)

Originally Posted by smcsa View Post
@catbus

But if you go to Settings - Applications - Aplications Management button you have to see Update on the apps that have updates (or some like that, i don't have english UI)
I should but no. If i press update button, still nothing... Then i go to store and there my own installed apps and can see that new version for example from Meecast has arrived.

So no notifications from installed Store-apps. Only when updates to harmattan arrives, then update-notification is showing in screen.

Not fixed.

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech

Posts: 586 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
@catbus

If you run terminal as root:

apt-get update

does it fail on something? Some of repos not reloaded or give you some errors? I think you can find problem there.

IF not. When you try: apt-get dist-upgrade
Does it give you some upgradeble softwares or not?

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by Makeclick View Post
@catbus

apt-get update

does it fail on something? Some of repos not reloaded or give you some errors? I think you can find problem there.

DO NOT RUN apt-get dist-upgrade

This will cause major problems and you will have to reflash!

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

The Following User Says Thank You to Arie For This Useful Post:
^I'm not _that_ stupid...

There was bug filed that "Store notificaton of uptaded software don't uptade to the phone" like it should be... This _bug_ was "fixed" to PR1.2 _but_ not... Someone has to reopen it.

Ok. Dead OS. Funny...

Originally Posted by Makeclick View Post
@catbus

apt-get update

Normal average user don't know anything about terminal... I know something, but this is real problem for "normal" users when they struggling with their updates which never comes... automatically... like should be noticed, at least...

Again, this bug was filed and "fixed" in PR1.2 _BUT_NOT_!!!

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
works for me in PR1.2 updates are shown in ui normally (if the package havent change its name), ie.original bug is fixed. Are you sure that you havent installed any non-ovi sourced application which would break the default functionality?

Posts: 144 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ New Zealand
Originally Posted by catbus View Post
I should but no. If i press update button, still nothing... Then i go to store and there my own installed apps and can see that new version for example from Meecast has arrived.

So no notifications from installed Store-apps. Only when updates to harmattan arrives, then update-notification is showing in screen.

Not fixed.
I get updates all the time - just got two yesterday - one for Meecast & one for homescreen settings. Earlier in the week, one for Firefox and if i remember right another one for Homescreen settings. I think you have a more localised issue...

Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
works for me in PR1.2 updates are shown in ui normally (if the package havent change its name), ie.original bug is fixed. Are you sure that you havent installed any non-ovi sourced application which would break the default functionality?
With PR1.0 i once installed VLC and same time Samegame... Other installations are from store. I did have that #486 -bug, but with dev-mode on, not.

With PR1.2 almost (ok, have to keep something to whining about, still secret ) everything working ok. That #486 -bug is not present anymore, at least for me (fixed or not?)

No, i have not installed any tweaks.

PR1.2 is working very well, except poor wlan (that should be configurable: speed/range. Any vote+ for range?)

And this Store-app-notification-problem, which i'm seems to be alone...
Well. If i'm alone, then there must be something wrong... But where? - Everybody else is getting notifications? Really?

Except poor wlan and this store-app-notification problem, everything working very well and i'm quite pleased with my Precious.

[Suomeksi jotain]
ps. Rainisto, jotain mätää ehkä mutta kun periaatteessa luuri toimii ok eikä ohjelmissakaan ole ollu ongelmia niin... Jostain syystä vain noi kaupan softien päivitykset ei "kilauta kelloa" kuten PR-päivitykset, ei aina edes näy ennenkö käy "Kaupassa".

Toi toinen ongelma, Wlan, onko mitenkään mahdollistää säätää missä vaiheessa yhteys katkaistaan? Nyt se tuntuu olevan vähän liikaa ns. labra-asetuksilla... eli tiputtaa pois yhteyden jos signaalitaso tippuu alle 70% tai 65% (A-link). Linksysillä ja uusimmalla dd-wrt:llä yhteys tipahti kun signaali oli 54%, säännöllisesti... Onko jokin raja-arvo liian tiukalla? Vai vain sattumaa?
[/Suomeksi jotain]

Thanks!

F1-live?

Posts: 144 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ New Zealand
Originally Posted by catbus View Post
Well. If i'm alone, then there must be something wrong... But where? - Everybody else is getting notifications? Really?
Sorry - just got another 3 today... Happy to share any configs if you think that is useful