Active Topics

Posts: 84 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Ames IA, USA
A while ago a team was able to get their hands on an unmarked prototype Nokia Phone which they believe is the prototype of the Nokia N9. Below are the rumored specifications based on this prototype:
Some features are 64 GB storage, 512 MB RAM, 1 GB ROM, + Micro SD card slot, Qualcomm Snapdragon QSD8250 1 GHz processor and a lot more features in the picture below. WOW.. Source: GSM Arena
CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION

Last edited by txh; 2010-11-27 at 13:36.

The Following User Says Thank You to txh For This Useful Post:
Posts: 194 | Thanked: 1,019 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Moscow, Russia
Qualcomm bs again?

Posts: 154 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ South Africa
looks more like a C8
Debian

Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
thats old and thats ********.
pls don't open a new thread for 4 month old news.
we all know that and there are 2 threads about that

Nobody likes us but we dont care....

The Following User Says Thank You to atilla For This Useful Post:
Posts: 423 | Thanked: 486 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, England
Well, read as far as 'capacitive' and that was enough to put me off....

Excellent news (even if rumoured)...means i'll keep N900 for another year :-)

The Following User Says Thank You to Dancairo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 173 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Rio de Janeiro
Looks also the specifications of E7, 'CBD' , 'flashlite4' are more S3 like. The N9 should have Flash 10.1 and of corse a better CPU than Snapdragon's first generation. Half GB of Ram seems good, also it should have some graphics chip; PowerVR SGX540 graphics or OMAP3660 ( At least ) , DualCore would be nice but not essential. Otherwise I will probably not change from my N900 .

PS.: Many people have already said that but; By the time the N9 gets released there will be better phones ( Dualcore phones have been rumoured for Q1 2011 ) and Nokia will be left behind, of corse we all hope a 'Best of all' HW on our Nokia devices, but Nokia doesn't seem to realise that.

Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
Originally Posted by gleydsonpr View Post
Looks also the specifications of E7, 'CBD' , 'flashlite4' are more S3 like. The N9 should have Flash 10.1 and of corse a better CPU than Snapdragon's first generation. Half GB of Ram seems good, also it should have some graphics chip; PowerVR SGX540 graphics or OMAP3660 ( At least ) , DualCore would be nice but not essential. Otherwise I will probably not change from my N900 .

PS.: Many people have already said that but; By the time the N9 gets released there will be better phones ( Dualcore phones have been rumoured for Q1 2011 ) and Nokia will be left behind, of corse we all hope a 'Best of all' HW on our Nokia devices, but Nokia doesn't seem to realise that.
exactly.
but the point is that even if there will be better phones i will wait for the n9 cause after maemo5 i can't switch back to android,i'm psychologically raped to stay with maemo/meego cause the openness and the multitasking makes me horny

Nobody likes us but we dont care....

Last edited by atilla; 2010-11-25 at 21:22.

The Following User Says Thank You to atilla For This Useful Post:
The N9 does not have a Snapdragon. It's TI silicon.

Quit being daft.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hawaii For This Useful Post:
They got this info for the Nokia E7 a long time ago (also called N9 for some reason)

edit: lol at 5 star rating

Last edited by bachagabriel; 2010-11-25 at 20:58.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
VERY old rumors.... also Quilcom == android phones

However there is a new video with ST-Ericsson arm cortex A9 chipset showing meego running on a mobile development enviroment it is more likely that we will see that on a meego device... Also at the end of the video the person got asked if nokia will use it and he said yes... BUT he could ofcourse mean they will use it on symbian who knows...

dont remeber link... but I think it was on meego news site...

but ofcourse it can be a Texas too but dont forget that Apple is using TI too so there could be a war between nokia and apple whom the highest price get it first.....