Posts: 658 | Thanked: 777 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Norway
Personally I set up the email for hotmail and gmail easily, nothing needed except email adress and password, and the client works very well with handling multiple recipients and multiple attatchments.

copy/paste isnt quite there yet tho. I can mark single words, but not select text from the emails themselves.

The Following User Says Thank You to slai For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,070 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by fettouhi View Post
I just got my N9 (released last friday in Denmark) and I simply cannot get MfE to work. I'm running a Microsoft Exchange 2010 server and my N9 won't connect to it but my old N900 connects fine. I put in the exact same credentials and I just get the error 'can't connect to exchange server'. I tried connecting to it over 3g and wifi and it doesn't work...
Humm strange, are you sure the settings are correct in the manual setup screen ? if the autodiscovery fails(first setup screen) your server address, username and domain probably are not correct in the second screen, please double check that.

Another issue can be that your server requires some provisioning settings that the N9 can't satisfy(N900 does not support provisioning so this is ignored), you can try to check the box "Non provisioning device" in the second setup screen.

If this doesn't help we'll need to collect the logs.

Originally Posted by jeremy_laine View Post
I am using beta 2 on an N950 and must say that on the whole, I find the email client fast and fun to use. It's a great improvement over the N9's email client, even the Symbian Anna version.

I do have one rather puzzling issue when using my IMAP server (running Dovecot) : the email client does not seem to recognize my "INBOX" folder, and so it does not display any emails by default. The best I can do is to add "INBOX" to my favorite folders, but this is annoying since it is not what is displayed by default.
What is the name of the inbox folder ? "INBOX" in caps ?

Originally Posted by Saturn View Post
Adding also to my previous post:

3. the notification LED not blinking for new mail, which makes me check every few minutes if I have mail and I missed the sound.
Noted.

4. selecting a folder could be implemented differently; i.e allow navigation and the use of the search function - like the search in the inbox
Can you elaborate a bit on the navigation part ?
Search is available inside folders the same way it is in inbox, can you clarify ?

5. in the options for sorting messages in a folder, would like also to have sorting by subject.
Noted.

On the other hand, congratulation to the guys for building such a nice interface. Reading mails is really clean and fast. Thanks already.
Thanks for the feedback.

Originally Posted by sony123 View Post
Would love to have threaded email..
Feedback noted

The Following User Says Thank You to VDVsx For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by VDVsx View Post
Are you using always-up-to-date mode(IMAP IDLE), sync internal(e.g 20 mins) or manual sync ?

The messages will be moved/deleted in the next sync, if in always-up-to-date mode they will be moved right away but will only appear as new if the new folder is favorite, if not they will appear next time you visit the folder or do a full sync.
I have always-up-to-date mode enabled (imap idle). For instance, I just deleted a message from the inbox on the laptop (using outlook), but even when re-syncing the mail account on the N950, the message I deleted is still present in the inbox.

Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
Humm strange, are you sure the settings are correct in the manual setup screen ? if the autodiscovery fails(first setup screen) your server address, username and domain probably are not correct in the second screen, please double check that.

Another issue can be that your server requires some provisioning settings that the N9 can't satisfy(N900 does not support provisioning so this is ignored), you can try to check the box "Non provisioning device" in the second setup screen.

If this doesn't help we'll need to collect the logs.
Are you saying that this latest and greatest device still does have provisioning?

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ SF Bay Area
Originally Posted by BigBadGuber! View Post
Are you saying that this latest and greatest device still does have provisioning?
Ignoring your obvious typo...

I think I mentioned earlier that it does have provisioning.
I wouldn't have been able to connect to my company account without it.
qgvnotify: Google voice and contacts notifier for diablo and maemo.

If you want to thank me, click the Thanks button.
If you'd like to thank my applications, vote to move them to extras.

The Following User Says Thank You to uvatbc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 18 | Thanked: 83 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Trondheim, Norway
What is the name of the inbox folder ? "INBOX" in caps ?
I've got this same issue for IMAP UW. And my inbox is called "INBOX".

A different annoyancy for this same imap server is that I get all home directory files in the folder view. I think this might be a bad configuration on the server, but I've seen other email clients capable in finding the mail directory and show only this.

But else from this cranky imap server, my other gmails and exchange accounts work very good. Very happy with email push too!

Where are you getting this message ? During setup or inside email app ?
During setup, after I insert server address etc. Error message says something about not being able to connect, check your settings. but log says just "Connection closed". I'm sure the settings are correct and I tried checking/unchecking the other available options.

Tags
attachments, email, issues, mail exchange, nokia n9, nokia n950