I have a very annoying and very repeatable problem that has been plaguing me for a year or more now. When i try to move from one web page to another the browser will often show Connecting... and not navigate. After a while I give up, it doesn't matter how long, I've tried long short, or waiting for ever, but when I give up and select the link again, 1 in 3 times it will immediately navigate withuot waiting. It happens day-in day-out, some days it connects immediately, some days I re-try a zillion times and it just refuses to navigate. It is not particularly dependent on the web site or on the state of my internet connection. When I click a link the processor sometimes peaks to 100% and navigates, and sometimes peaks at 50% and then sits at Connecting..., there is something fundamentally wrong.

I can't find a workaround, and it is annoying the hell out of me.

I'm using the standard browser on 5.2010.16-1 with the Community SSU (which made no difference)

I'm basically a noob still, I use my N800 everyday as my only way to browse the web at work and I just want it to work for that simple use. Any help very much appreciated.

Andy

Try changing browsers. The standard browser is big and slow, and I get the feeling that sometimes the NIT struggles so hard just to run it that it doesn't get a chance to listen to the internet or user input. Tear doesn't have an ad filter, and its bookmarks menu is in the Stone Age, but by God is it ever small and fast.

No guarantees, but it's worth a shot.

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Remove this file as root:

/etc/resolve.conf

That does it for me when the browser is being stupid.

I had the same problem but manage to fix it fallowing the tips given in this blog
http://www.translate.google.com/tran...com/%26hl%3Den

my 2 cents

Adios amigos

The Following User Says Thank You to ednunez70 For This Useful Post:
Thank you so much, the quickfix in that guy's blog solved the problem, without doing any root shinanigans