nokia sw updater says: USB hub detected. for optimum connectivity, your usb cable should be connected directly to pc, not usb hub.
will it cause failure of updating?

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 710 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Beirut, Lebanon
If it doesn't work I think I can help you flash, I kinda have time..

Originally Posted by Dave999
I will vote AMD for president next time if I'm having any shares during next meeting.

Do good for a human being and like my art page!

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by aminulahsan View Post
nokia sw updater says: USB hub detected. for optimum connectivity, your usb cable should be connected directly to pc, not usb hub.
will it cause failure of updating?
No...

10chars

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
you should never try to flash through usb hub, always connect your device directly (unless you want to fail miserabely).

And of course there is a 3rd way to fix it without reflashing, but you need special hardware to do so.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
you should never try to flash through usb hub, always connect your device directly (unless you want to fail miserabely).

And of course there is a 3rd way to fix it without reflashing, but you need special hardware to do so.
I've got the usb hub message once even though it was connected directly to my laptop's usb port...I think the OP too is in the same situation...

Originally Posted by AMD View Post
If it doesn't work I think I can help you flash, I kinda have time..
help needed

Posts: 116 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Birmingham, UK
i had this the other day and it was NOT a malf problem.

i reflashed (just the rootfs). Yeah, it was a pain, but it worked. And now my phone is cleaner and functioning a bit better since i reloaded everything.

Originally Posted by leoniedelt View Post
i had this the other day and it was NOT a malf problem.
Yup its not a MALF problem You must simply follow the steps on the fix malf state page till your 3 partitions are mounted onto your system, then reverse the changes you made to your phone...In this case the OP did unrestricted system ui mods along with some others...He can simply request for clean files that he modded, replace them in the partition and then umount the partitions...

Rebooting now would have his device back in the original stated...However, the OP doesn't have the skills to do the above so its only right I tell him about the possibility but that he won't be able to do it...

See rainisto says there is a 3rd way for which you need special hardware; now for us we don't have that hardware right?

will reflash, downloaded the two files from navifirm, hope it will fix, no?

Originally Posted by aminulahsan View Post
will reflash, downloaded the two files from navifirm, hope it will fix, no?
If you reflash with the 1.16Gib file it will be enough; the one called rootfs.bin not emmc.bin...