working with two n900s.
a general list of my wishes over time

- a way to load airbnb properly
- a working way to sync google calender
- a way to inmediately prioritize incoming phonecalls over anything in the system or / disable the 'red hang up' button and only make 'green accept call' an option when clicking. hanging up could be done by flipping the phone over (the last point is already a system a system functionality)
- dropbox / google drive / mega
- an even faster transitions.ini as found in all the threads
- working truecrypt update on latest powerkernel, which succesfully mounts containers without crashing

- optfs encryption as found in perfect setup, with the needed files or and/or noob version instructions?

added:

- seperate imap sent folders for modest
- a light firefox style browser with ublock able of javacscipt loading

Last edited by Dongle Fongle; 2016-03-28 at 14:30.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dongle Fongle For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by t-b View Post
Folks using a N900 in 2016 are probably not as app crazy as the Android/Apple crowd.
That's only a little bit understated.

Me, I'd love to have a.client of some kind for MythTV.

The Following User Says Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
Could do with an update browser. Firefox base would be my preference but chromium would suffice.

I prefer desktop view on my sites and jave addons to block out the junk, so don't care about a mobile view (or apps).

The Following User Says Thank You to MINKIN2 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by robthebold View Post
That's only a little bit understated.

Me, I'd love to have a.client of some kind for MythTV.
Was there not a MythTV client for the N900? It's been a while but I thought we had one.

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
BBM...Line

Originally Posted by MINKIN2 View Post
Was there not a MythTV client for the N900? It's been a while but I thought we had one.
Apparently not fully complete. But, seems only needs opt'imazation
https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=34224&page=9

The Following User Says Thank You to nieldk For This Useful Post:
For me the most needed function is a working GUI integration for owncloud (contacts, calendars and files).

The Following User Says Thank You to bredebid For This Useful Post:
Posts: 105 | Thanked: 106 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Hungary
For me, would be cool:
- Fb messenger integration to be fixed (I know I know the situation, but this phone is my no1 IM device)
- X360 controller support on USB
- reversed BT headset compatibility (now I can use my laptop to listen music from N900 via BT, but I want to listen my laptop's collection on the phone)

The Following User Says Thank You to dy1ng For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
A port of petittrack(upgrade the QTE to QT4) would be nice, here is source:
http://www.qsl.net/n1vtn/petittrack.html
It helps plan and track amateur radio communication satellite passes as well as computing the doppler frequency shift in real time keep a radio tuned to frequency.

I would also like a better airplane preflight checklist and flight planning app, that is more a tablet thing though.

A nice GUI for VNC server to make it easy to throw my N900 screen to my tablet for stuff like GPS mapping.

Mostly my minor needs and desires are held back by the N900 hardware not having BT-4le, a compass, NFC, and maybe the absence of new Scud batteries, and a modern browser to browse the bloaternet. Damnit I want my Nexus 7 to run Maemo 5 not CyanogenMod, even if that is the best of a terrible Android situation. I used to daydream of AlienDalvik on my N900 that dream ended when I got my first Android device last year. I cling to my N900 now and dream of mainlined Android kernel and probably unified repository Ubuntu.

I find that even with all the supposed choice in Android I am unimpressed with the plethora of web-frame and website-API apps and how they pause when minimized. That and how even Cyanogen hand holds me too much because of the mess securing unrooted droid has made of things, let us not even mention surfaceflinger.

Last edited by biketool; 2016-03-28 at 14:29.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
Originally Posted by pharaoh94 View Post
(2) Imei changer and generator :
Hell yes!

(3) dvb-h and dvb-t on nokia 900:
This was working early on once we had H-E-N, problem is that it requires faster processing, even with a 200% CPU overclock to decode encrypted streams, there is the code on TMO, perhaps even .deb to get it working though if you live where the stream is unencrypted MPEG, no GUI as I remember.

(6) an upgraded mplayer that plays 1080p videos (7) maemo.org application:
Even with the overclock on the DSP and the hacked N9 drivers I think even 720p is a choppy mess on the N900, hardware limits again.

The Following User Says Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post: