HI ,

Since i've gotten the N9 and after upgrading it to pr 1.1 .. the videos dont play well atleast most of them, i've tried mp4 format (which always stutter and lags behind while the audio goes smoothly) while i'm able to play only some MKV files and most of them same issue

do we have to convert the videos or dimensions etc ? i mean i thot we could just download and play ? Music all format is an amazing experience tho, but Videos is wht letting it all down .. any suggestions/advise pls.

Thanks

you should probably read this whole thread:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=79146

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by irfan18m View Post
Since i've gotten the N9 and after upgrading it to pr 1.1 .. the videos dont play well atleast most of them, i've tried mp4 format (which always stutter and lags behind while the audio goes smoothly) while i'm able to play only some MKV files and most of them same issue
Yes, the N9 has only a limited ability to play videos at higher than its native screen resolution (854 x 480 pixels). And some types of codec (e.g., high-end H.264 profiles) are beyond its ability to decode. This is not unique to the N9, and pretty much until the last year or so most smartphones had the same limitation. But, yes, the N9's video capabilities are outclassed by the most recent wave of phones.

Originally Posted by irfan18m View Post
do we have to convert the videos or dimensions etc ?
I personally always convert any high-resolution video to the native screen-size of my phone before copying it over. I don't care just how much resolution the thing can technically swallow; there seems to me little value in giving a phone the ability to play video at a resolution where most of the pixels will have to be thrown away anyway when it is displayed on the machine's screen. It's a waste of storage space, processor power, and bitrate...

Anyway, if you're interested in finding a tool to convert a video's resolution, handbrake is my personal favorite.

Thanks guys .. i thought there was something wrong with my fone .. i was gonna do emmc and fw flash both .. saved phew!

Thanks alot !