Posts: 479 | Thanked: 1,284 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Enschede, The Netherlands
If I want to do all the "pretty easy" things on my wish list, I wouldn't have time to poop.

The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzzillogic For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
Yes currently the spare tire is the care centers flashing stations. But update is coming soon, which gives you factory spare tire.

The thing which we protect is that if you have set devicelock code and someone steals your device, then he/she is not able to wipe it clean for selling it off by reflashing without knowning your lockcode.
I always thought that codes are to protect data and information and not hardware, it's not feature, it's totally bug. And people always asked why I whined when i was keeping to repeat that Jolla is mostly talking about FOSS and promises, but they still didn't fully proven to be trusted in any promised area.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ZogG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
Seriously guys, I don't see your problem.

As Jonni (rainisto) says, the device is still unlockable, you just need to use a different way to do it. And you can go back to a previous software release by resetting.

The rationale is also understandable: they wish to give some more protection to 99% of their users (that is, everybody who is not a kernel hacker).

They also said that the situation will improve with the next update. Seriously, it's a holiday right now, please have some patience. I bet you wouldn't like it if your boss/customers asked you to work in your holiday either.

Please respect the decision and have some patience.

The Following 32 Users Say Thank You to Venemo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Fuzzillogic View Post
If I want to do all the "pretty easy" things on my wish list, I wouldn't have time to poop.
With hwkb it should be quite easy to use that off-time for something productive.

Posts: 479 | Thanked: 1,284 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Enschede, The Netherlands
Originally Posted by Venemo View Post
Seriously guys, I don't see your problem.
Closing/limiting the bootloader is an insufficient stop-gap for protecting the data on your stolen device. Closing/limiting the bootloader however is very effective for annoying tinkering owners. And I reckon that currently the percentage tinkerers of the Jolla is higher than the industry standard.

I was hoping security would be high, if not the highest on the priority list. Now it seems like an oversight which might or might not be fixed in a future update.

Originally Posted by szopin View Post
With hwkb it should be quite easy to use that off-time for something productive.
I'm quite productive when pooping. Just ask my toilet

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzillogic For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
@Venamo: thanks, I will have 2 days of holidays between this August to next May, and today was one of those days. :-]
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Fuzzillogic View Post
And I reckon that currently the percentage tinkerers of the Jolla is higher than the industry standard.
It is definitely, but the Jolla cannot survive on those. MfE (and any IS compliance it needs to implement) is something which might be worth tens of thousands of handsets sold to companies, tinkerers will find their way (with absurdly awesome helping hand from company itself, compare this to nokia TMO interaction, nokia what?), business users want lock code that works. If that passes test for compliance this is something Jolla has to have

Last edited by szopin; 2013-12-27 at 23:11.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by szopin View Post
It is definitely, but the Jolla cannot survive on those. MfE (and any IS compliance it needs to implement) is something which might be worth tens of thousands of handsets sold to companies, tinkerers will find their way (with absurdly awesome helping hand from company itself, compare this to nokia TMO interaction, nokia what?), business users want lock code that works. If that passes test for compliance this is something Jolla has to have
On the under hands, who would make applications for your platform if you annoy your tinkerers ? I don't think those business users would write their own apps themselves...

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by MartinK View Post
On the under hands, who would make applications for your platform if you annoy your tinkerers ? I don't think those business users would write their own apps themselves...
So back to the argument that having workable android apps is going to scare everyone... thought we did this one already. Android apps take care of business users if the phone is certified. (IF)

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
@Venamo: thanks, I will have 2 days of holidays between this August to next May, and today was one of those days. :-]
It only means that you do what you actually like as you keep working on day off, it's good, but it's your decision