Closed Thread
Posts: 346 | Thanked: 139 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Houston Texas
Originally Posted by nosa101 View Post
well....isn't this akward? Anybody find any news from Hong Kong? Google fails me
Let's start guessing.

Volcano ash?

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
quit holdin' out on us nokia, we know the pr1.2 update is ready, give it to us already

Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Originally Posted by f2thak View Post
quit holdin' out on us nokia, we know the pr1.2 update is ready, give it to us already
It's almost certainly not. Is there any convincing reason as to why Nokia would hold on to it?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
It's almost certainly not. Is there any convincing reason as to why Nokia would hold on to it?
bcoz its shipped with hongkong batch, plus they had the spare sweet time to work on chinese writing recognition. they just want more funding, more unsuspecting customers to fall in their trap. when they need more funding, pr 1.3 comes out, it'll be released else where n only they will get the new firmare.

thats alot of speculation u got there. any evidence?

Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Originally Posted by kazuki View Post
bcoz its shipped with hongkong batch[...]
AFAICT, there's confusion as to whether a) the Hong Kong devices are shipping and b) if they are, what they're shipping with.

If it is shipping with devices which are on sale right now, it'll be available through HAM and tablets-dev within a day or so. PR1.2 won't change your world, btw, just lots of nice tweaks. The biggest thing is the future Qt 4.6 apps which will be released.

they just want more funding, more unsuspecting customers to fall in their trap. when they need more funding, pr 1.3 comes out, it'll be released else where n only they will get the new firmare.
Sorry, I can't understand what you're trying to say here. Something about Nokia making more money if they don't release PR1.2, despite it "being ready"?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kazuki View Post
bcoz its shipped with hongkong batch, plus they had the spare sweet time to work on chinese writing recognition. they just want more funding, more unsuspecting customers to fall in their trap. when they need more funding, pr 1.3 comes out, it'll be released else where n only they will get the new firmare.
The handwriting software was not developed by Nokia -- it was developed by PenPower.

Posts: 1,012 | Thanked: 817 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ France
Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
PR1.2 won't change your world, btw, just lots of nice tweaks. The biggest thing is the future Qt 4.6 apps which will be released.
Depends of your usage ... As i m waiting for :

- qt and pyside 0.3.0 binding for on device dev in the train
- mfe fixes so i ll be able to send email with my n900
- wifi drain bug fix

So yes it ll change my daily use ... i ll be able to sendand answer to email in the train. Specially urgent one for work where i should stay to be in front of a true computer (and with two hour of train it s can be long)

Depends on use case ....

The Following User Says Thank You to Khertan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
How short peoples memories are ! I can still remember the ever moving UK N900 launch. Early November became mid December and that movement happened an agonising week at a time.

The chances of Nokia announced release being on time is nil IMHO.

Closed Thread