Poll: Do you think its possible to overclock the N900?!
Poll Options
Do you think its possible to overclock the N900?!

Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
Originally Posted by Lehto View Post
Has anyone actually tried the 1200mhz and gotten it stable? The maximum stable setting I can get is 1155mhz and after that no matter what is done it becomes unstable.
i tried 1.2ghz.....stable for about 30mins. after that i got more lags and app crashes...

BTW....will you upgrade your kernels for PR1.2? (if that is really gonna come)

i know this is a lot to ask....but its ok if whatever your plan is

its like my n900 is more solid by your kernels.

thanks....

Originally Posted by apolkosnik View Post
Titan,
I've installed the power kernel, and it seems only I flashed back to Leto's I was able to access the WAP with hidden SSID and WPA2 (AES). I guess that the delayed voicemail notification issue might be t-mo's problem.
I also use a hidden SSID with WPA2/AES and my device have no problem to connect to it (autoconnect behave like before)
EDIT: Forgot to say I'm using Titan's kernel.

Fellows, after Over-clocking to 1000 I cannot rename audio files in the FileManager. Can you?

Originally Posted by AlMehdi View Post
Try both and find out.. it might depend on your device. I like Titans for it's dynamics and ease. With Titans i have been able to fine tune the OC my self and thus got it to work better.
I used titans the other day and my device did produce more heat that Lehtos. I decided to uninstall it today and now my phone won't turn on

Will try and reflash then I think i'll just go back to Lehtos.

The Following User Says Thank You to AndrewG For This Useful Post:
Titan,
I've flashed 1.1.1 through an USB (full wipe), and used the wifi to restore my backup, then after everything got restored (including power-kernel), I've rebooted (after reboot It was on power kernel) and it wouldn't pick up my wifi AP, but it was able to pick up some other ones. (Firmware: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (04/16/10) std in NG-mixed mode, dynamic channel width: 20/40MHz, with hidden SSID, WPA2-AES, and mac filter). After that I've installed the files listed below, and rebooted, checked kernel version, and I was able to see my AP again.

So, it seems that it is a problem in 2.6.28-maemo25.

Originally Posted by titan View Post
you might have found a bug in the PR1.2 kernel before it is officially released
because the my kernel contains the PR1.2 patches which affect the Wifi code.

would you mind installing the official PR1.2 SDK kernel (backup first!)
http://repository.maemo.org/pool/fre...+0m5_armel.deb
http://repository.maemo.org/pool/fre...+0m5_armel.deb

then flashing it on-device with
/sbin/fiasco-image-update /boot/zImage-2.6.28-20100903+0m5.fiasco

to check whether it really the PR1.2 patches?
Thanks

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
Sorry for asking that normally answered questions - but i lost track of this thread...

First I used an earlier titan.kernel, setting speed in terminal manual. Worked fine.
Yesterday I installed the enhanced kernel (kernel-power-flasher/settings).

Now i have minor and major problems...
biggest one: no more dial up networking via umts - wlan still works well
minor: when i try to select settings (/usr/sbin/kernel-load .../ideal) i get error(s): line 11 and 12: cannot create ... vdd1_opps_vsel/dsp_opps_rate nonexistent directory
wtf? the "upper" dir /sys/power is existent, and the other subdirectories are there in - only this two cannot be created... (logged in as root)

plz give me some hint at what side(s) of this thread these probs are solved - or any other way to solve.

Thanks.

Posts: 946 | Thanked: 1,650 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by AndrewG View Post
I used titans the other day and my device did produce more heat that Lehtos. I decided to uninstall it today and now my phone won't turn on
Will try and reflash then I think i'll just go back to Lehtos.
which settings did you use?
how did you uninstall it? according to http://wiki.maemo.org/Kernel_Power#Deinstallation ?

apparently you are still running the old version. it would explain the problems
as the kernel can no longer find its modules. the output of "uname -r" shows the version.
did you follow http://wiki.maemo.org/Kernel_Power#U....3C_maemo24.29 ?

Originally Posted by SirTurbo View Post
First I used an earlier titan.kernel, setting speed in terminal manual. Worked fine.
Yesterday I installed the enhanced kernel (kernel-power-flasher/settings).

Now i have minor and major problems...
biggest one: no more dial up networking via umts - wlan still works well
minor: when i try to select settings (/usr/sbin/kernel-load .../ideal) i get error(s): line 11 and 12: cannot create ... vdd1_opps_vsel/dsp_opps_rate nonexistent directory
wtf? the "upper" dir /sys/power is existent, and the other subdirectories are there in - only this two cannot be created... (logged in as root)

Posts: 126 | Thanked: 327 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by gabby131 View Post
i tried 1.2ghz.....stable for about 30mins. after that i got more lags and app crashes...

BTW....will you upgrade your kernels for PR1.2? (if that is really gonna come)

i know this is a lot to ask....but its ok if whatever your plan is

its like my n900 is more solid by your kernels.

thanks....
The current kernels that are there on my site are built from the source that comes with PR1.2 SDK. If they release a newer kernel source I might just build the more popular ones with the newer source. This is all just a big IF for now. For sure I will build a newer source with the ULV settings in future when a newer source is available... but what comes to the 125mhz - XXXmhz, they wont happen. I wont be going back to the tacky 125 or 250mhz idle speeds. They reduce a lot of response from the machine.

The Following User Says Thank You to Lehto For This Useful Post:
thanks a lot for the testing!
the only other patch that affects wifi is the 2.6.28.10.
I'm just building another kernel package w/o this patch and w/o OC support.
It would appreciate if you can test it as well to narrow down the problem.

Originally Posted by apolkosnik View Post
Titan,
I've flashed 1.1.1 through an USB (full wipe), and used the wifi to restore my backup, then after everything got restored (including power-kernel), I've rebooted (after reboot It was on power kernel) and it wouldn't pick up my wifi AP, but it was able to pick up some other ones. (Firmware: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (04/16/10) std in NG-mixed mode, dynamic channel width: 20/40MHz, with hidden SSID, WPA2-AES, and mac filter). After that I've installed the files listed below, and rebooted, checked kernel version, and I was able to see my AP again.

So, it seems that it is a problem in 2.6.28-maemo25.

Tags
cooking on gas, cortex-a8, faster, first to fry it wins!, hardware, its smoking, n900, need for speed, need for weed, nos, omap, omap3, omap3430, overclock, overclocking, soc, system-on-a-chip, the dogs, this thread got good!, vtec just kicked in y0!, warranty will be void, whooplah, zoom zoom