Hi all,

My n900 booted, all seemed fine. Using this wifi only (well i was planning too!). however no internal storage is available. This is the case in the camera application, file manager , and Im getting "application web closed due to error" message every minute

I have also tried inserting an 8 gig Micro sd card with no luck. Brand new unit.

Is it a flash scenario ?

Anyone got any suggestions ?

just to add!

its shows the memory card and the 32gb drive but only when the phone is off and drives are mounted on the PC,

what the hell!

Posts: 126 | Thanked: 327 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Finland
Take out the USB cable. Mass storage mode unmounts the MyDocs and mmc1.

If it doesn't see the card, most likely you have lost you magnet which is glued under the kickstand. Check it out.
You won't be able to launch the camera app by sliding the lid too. (there was a discussion here somewhere)
I just cut a tiny piece of magnet and glued it inside, on the caved in part of cover.

Hi,

Sorry I have not been clear enough, when the phone is on I cant see the internal storage OR the Micro SD card, with usb disconnected (same when usb is connected)

when attached off via usb i can (on my pc)!

When using reboot from power-key-menu, my N900 forgets to mount /home/user/MyDocs always.

thats not good! i guess something like that is happening to me, well i have reflashed the device firmware, will not let me do the EMMC , I am guessing it cant see the mass storage ?

this is not going well as the device now loads into desktop , throws toys out of its pram and restarts, nice constant loop lol

any help appreciated!

right another update! re flashed, now loads ok e.t.c. , the device can now also see the storage but only when the usb cable is connected ( device on or off).

As a previous poster mentioned the OS just cant see any other storage. anyone got any ideas ?

cheers,