Poll: Do you want to buy one, and why? (Votes are public)
Poll Options
Do you want to buy one, and why? (Votes are public)

Posts: 562 | Thanked: 2,744 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Espoo, Finland
pöh.

Sculpteo
It has come to our attention that the item can not be printed due to a issue with your 3D file.
Reason: too fragile
your order has been cancelled
So 0.3mm is not printable...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kimmoli For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2014 @ Finland
Yes please, one for me too!
When ready, just inform how to pay.

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by kimmoli View Post
pöh.

Sculpteo

So 0.3mm is not printable...
There is fragility check in Sculpteo's tools which shows the fragile location in red.

Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
There is fragility check in Sculpteo's tools which shows the fragile location in red.
Yes i know..., but i had to try anyway ...

The Following User Says Thank You to kimmoli For This Useful Post:
Proximity sensor and IR led soldered...

And they even match about to the print...

Last edited by kimmoli; 2014-01-27 at 16:54.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to kimmoli For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Wow, did not even know these were planned in this OH (I thought the OLED was gonna be on everytime the main Jolla sensor is covered, but I guess here you can significantly save battery life).

What is the IR led for? Is it needed for the proximity sensor to know whether there is something covering it?

Perfect, this is just the feature that I was missing after N9. If you are making more these, please count me in for one.

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Jan 2014 @ Linköping, Sweden
Get me one!
Jokes aside, this is freaking awesome. Though I'm torn between which is best, this or an e-paper toh. Anyway, this is still awesome!

If you've got a project, somewhere, I could maybe chip in some devel time as well.

Originally Posted by kpblxa View Post
add wireless charging to this toh and i'll order 3
Since you bring this up, best to ask kimmoli:

Since you're working on several OHs, is there any chance of assorted features being combined into single OH plates?

We have a qwerty OH, a wireless charging OH, this OLED OH all in development (plus others).

I could see a OLED or eInk + wireless charging OH...maybe with one or two other tweaks that would be useful when the phone is "at rest".

And then the Qwerty with an extra physically "small" option for using when the phone is "On the go". Maybe integrate a full feature NFC tag?

The specifics don't matter, I'm not trying to ask that specific OH's be made. Instead, I'm just curious if there are any plans to combine multiple features into one plate?

Originally Posted by eachna View Post
I'm just curious if there are any plans to combine multiple features into one plate?
We are in early phase of TOH developments here, so i think it is better to first concentrate on TOHs that do one thing.

Otherwise we might get something that doesn't fit nor vibrate.

When these one-job TOHs are up, tested on field etc. marketing stuff, there could be time for übertoh...

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to kimmoli For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla toh, toholed