Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
[...] we shall post from our wokplaces, [...]
Is that the special corner on your stove that best fits a large asian cooking pan? But wouldn't this be considered part of your "home"?

Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Not another delay

With the intex sailfish phone delayed to 2016 and my jolla not working plus my N9 battery spazing out I went out there and bought a windows phone

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by szopin View Post
Couple of weeks... at this point beginning to believe intel can't churn out their low-energy-uber-powered-better-than-arm(tm) chips fast enough, china usually doesn't have problems with producing things, that's their whole motto.
Nope, no problem at Intel; the Aigo x86 was churned out at a decent enough rate. Something else is the problem here (perhaps that the factory itself is more interested in its own Aigo x86 than in Jolla's tablets).

Can someone call these guys in Pennsylvania and inform them there is no such thing as surface/touch, it's all electrons with virtual photons, noobz
No, no, that is what surface/touch is about, it's all done with electrons and "virtual photons" (i.e., the electromagnetic force)!

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Casanunda View Post
Is that the special corner on your stove that best fits a large asian cooking pan? But wouldn't this be considered part of your "home"?
Damn. I should not post from my wokplace when there is some unfinished wok to be done.

Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
Nope, no problem at Intel; the Aigo x86 was churned out at a decent enough rate. Something else is the problem here (perhaps that the factory itself is more interested in its own Aigo x86 than in Jolla's tablets).

No, no, that is what surface/touch is about, it's all done with electrons and "virtual photons" (i.e., the electromagnetic force)!
I'd love to see some numbers, sure some aigox86 devices were shipped, sure some jolla tablets were shipped. But Intel tried to please(bribe?) too many at the same time. Once you add up the numbers things might turn a bit sour

Posts: 292 | Thanked: 294 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Milan, Italy
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
we shall post from our wokplaces

I wonder if they have free Wi-Fi...
EDIT: Damn, Casanunda beat me to it

Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Damn. I should not post from my wokplace when there is some unfinished wok to be done.
oops, chef pichlo!

If the wok place equipped with electromegnetic stove, and you have a wireless charging TOH or whatever has QI coils builtin, you can use the stove to charge the device. Wok and play!!!

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by mariusmssj;
With the intex sailfish phone delayed to 2016 and my jolla not working plus my N9 battery spazing out I went out there and bought a windows phone
You did WHAT???

Delay or not, that defintely is not the way to go!
Now tomorrow you go back to that wokplace and return da winföne! Capish?

Last edited by juiceme; 2015-11-11 at 21:55. Reason: fixed missing quote mark

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side

So whats your take on jollas latest delay/blog post. Anyone beleive jolla can Mange all indiegogo backers before christmas?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
So whats your take on jollas latest delay/blog post. Anyone beleive jolla can Mange all indiegogo backers before christmas?
Seems unlikely. My reading between the lines is that they have issues with either the factory (more important customers using the production capacity, or quality issues) or the parts (availability or quality). Those are difficult handle or fix quickly.

I think they delayed the announcement until they were sure that the 2nd production run was about ready to ship from the factory to the fulfillment center so they were more sure about the schedule for the 2nd wave shipping.

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund