Posts: 128 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ BONDY, FRANCE
And why use to fingers to zoom, I like use une finger to zoom lol!

I'm agree, with the resistive toochscreen, the N900 on Linux have a lot of my Kubuntu apps!
And the resistive toochscreen have some advantages (looks the Nintendo DS!) and multitooch is possible with resistive touchscreen (my Laptop have a resistive pad and on Linux, it's possible to make a middle click when using two fingers on the pad).

The good ways of resistive screen are :
- The price
- One finger precision = drawing
- Possibility to use stylus
- Possibility to use gloves in very cold winters (i'm joking for iPhones users on this last cold winter in France).
- Act on press (and not on touch)

The only good ways of capacitive are :
- Glass screen = appreciable slide
- Impressive multipoint
- Reactivity
- More light

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to judibet For This Useful Post:
Posts: 880 | Thanked: 264 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/featu...ts_can_win.php

Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
"there's plenty of life left in Resistive touch, mark my words" - Steve Litchfield

Well, two years later and we are having trouble finding resistive touch devices...

judibet pretty much summed it up, they just need to make a phone have both resistive and capacitive stuff and let us enable the one we want :P

What is dynamic music and how does it take advantage of resistive screen?
e.g. a Piano:

The sound is louder if you use more pressure.
That's only possible with a resistive screen.

If I knew an easy way to access key pressure by lazarus I would program such things.

Posts: 880 | Thanked: 264 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
I have a desire Z, and although I have moderately slender fingers (I have no problems with the keyboard on my nokia e71, nor did I have problems on a zaurus 860 or 3100), I often have to zoom in on a web page to accurately touch a link if there are a number in close proximity.

So I bought a stylus designed for capacitive screens (11 pence off ebay, normal price £2!). It's basically a black elastomeric conductive ball about two thirds the diameter of my little finger. It kind of helps a little bit, but not being transparent means what you gain in a reduced contact area with more accuracy you lose in direct feedback. I am glad I didn't waste a lot of money on it.

I tried a paint program, and although I'm no artist, my meagre talent was hampered by the inability to use an effective stylus.

Overall, I'd definitely rather the desire Z had a resistive touchscreen, even if only dual touch, maybe even non multitouch!

Conclusions:
1/ a dual capacitive/resistive screen would be ideal, resistive if that was the only possibility.
2/ Capacitive screens are suitable only for devices solely designed for consumption of media - no chance at using for drawing, painting, photo retouching, UI designing etc?

Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
more than 68% will be getting Resistive screen on their next device(if only screen differs) according to this thread

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=72225