Notices

Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
Originally Posted by avidscavenger View Post
FWIW the "Unsupported DBUS type: 0" problem isn't limited to Marble - I get it on two other applications: groove and quickflickr. This is the only thread that I can see where anyone has mentioned the problem. And it obviously is not widespread. If anyone had any ideas about what might be causing it I'd be happy to follow them up. Right now I'm at a dead loss.

Umm, grep sources for "Unsupported DBUS type:", use gdb to place a breakpoint on that function in marble?

/j

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

A quick question: is off-line routing and searching for names (addresses, streets or things) supported when using the monav-routing-daemon?

When off-line all my searches never finish (even when putting in the name of the current city).

Posts: 87 | Thanked: 535 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Karlsruhe, Germany
Originally Posted by soeiro View Post
A quick question: is off-line routing and searching for names (addresses, streets or things) supported when using the monav-routing-daemon?

When off-line all my searches never finish (even when putting in the name of the current city).
Currently that's not supported, sorry. Same for Marble 1.1 which will be available in about two weeks (see first post). I hope to get it done for Marble 1.2 (July); help is of course welcome. Just join #marble in Freenode or send a mail to marble-devel@kde.org.

Update: Here's a bug report to follow: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=267026

Last edited by earthwings; 2011-04-03 at 12:59. Reason: Add bug report url

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to earthwings For This Useful Post:
Posts: 676 | Thanked: 1,067 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Kyiv, Ukraine
Can I make it use
~/MyDocs/.maps/OpenStreetMap I
instead of
~/MyDocs/.local/share/marble/maps/earth/openstreetmap
for downloading and reading tiles?
Mappero, AGTL and ModRana are all using and sharing it and I already have about 1Gb of images there. And Marble is just doubling that space with the same data in other directory.
I wish it was some filesystem that supports symlinking, but it's FAT by default, so I can't make a link.
Any suggestions?

Originally Posted by int_ua View Post
Can I make it use
~/MyDocs/.maps/OpenStreetMap I
instead of
~/MyDocs/.local/share/marble/maps/earth/openstreetmap
for downloading and reading tiles?
Mappero, AGTL and ModRana are all using and sharing it and I already have about 1Gb of images there. And Marble is just doubling that space with the same data in other directory.
I wish it was some filesystem that supports symlinking, but it's FAT by default, so I can't make a link.
Any suggestions?
That's not possible with Marble 1.0, but Marble 1.1 will use the shared OpenStreetMap 1 directory. Your data will be moved automatically during the upgrade, therefore the package manager may take longer than usual while upgrading Marble. Make sure the N900 is not connected via USB while upgrading, otherwise the tiles can't be moved (the installation will still continue and use the shared directory in that case).

Marble 1.1.0 is scheduled for 2011-04-15. If you or anyone else wants to help out testing the packages, please see see here.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to earthwings For This Useful Post:
So i just installed Marble, but I cant seem to make routing work in general, bot offline and online!!! I tried a million times but it just does not create directions for a route that i create. It finds my current position without problem and the gps say "fine accuracy" yet the routing dont work. PLz help...I reinstalled but still no luck. .

Well.... where does the config file for Marble stored, so I can delete it and then retry everything?

So i just installed Marble, but I cant seem to make routing work in general, bot offline and online!!! I tried a million times but it just does not create directions for a route that i create. It finds my current position without problem and the gps say "fine accuracy" yet the routing dont work. PLz help...I reinstalled but still no luck. .

Well.... where does the config file for Marble stored, so I can delete it and then retry everything?

Originally Posted by lucky88shp View Post

Did you give our tutorials a try? Eventually you'll find some useful information there. For offline routing, take a look at the notes about the correct monav-routing-daemon version to install. Make sure to install offline maps for your country as well.

The YOURS server used in Marble 1.0 unfortunately does not work anymore since some weeks. I replaced it by a different one in Marble 1.1, which will be available soon.

The OpenRouteService should work (assuming you have an internet connection and Marble is not set to offline mode). At times their server does not work, however. Maybe you hit it at an unfortunate time. Note that OpenRouteService only has maps for Europe; requests for routes e.g. in the USA won't give any results.

In summary, here's a checklist:
Monav:
  • Install monav-routing-daemon 0.2-release-2 from extras-testing
  • Install an offline map for your country
Yours: Unfortunately the server used in Marble 1.0.x does not respond anymore; Marble 1.1 will use a different one
OpenRouteService:
  • Internet connection must be available
  • Marble must not be in offline mode
  • The route must be within Europe

If you want to delete Marble's configuration file then remove /home/user/.config/kde.org/Marble Desktop Globe.conf. Other interesting files are /home/user/MyDocs/.local/share/marble/routing/route.kml (the last route) and /home/user/MyDocs/.local/share/marble/bookmarks/bookmarks.kml (all bookmarks).

THANK YOU!!!
The monav-routing-daemon 0.2-release-2 from extras-testing solved the problem!! I knew it was the routing daemon not working. Anyways, I got a problem scrolling through the directions. Everytime i try to press and drag to go slightly downwards or upwards, it goes to the end. I have to select a specific turn direction first and then carefully drag in desired direction and even then many times it ends up goin to the end. Its very annoying, hope you can fix that. Cant wait for voice guided directions!!!

THANK YOU!!!
The monav-routing-daemon 0.2-release-2 from extras-testing solved the problem!! I knew it was the routing daemon not working.
Great to hear The situation is a bit annoying as I can't delete the version in extras-devel and it's considered newer by the package manager. Maybe you can give it a thumbs up now that it works for you, just three are missing to get it into extras. Thanks.

Update: Thanks for voting, everyone: monav-routing-daemon is now in extras

Anyways, I got a problem scrolling through the directions. Everytime i try to press and drag to go slightly downwards or upwards, it goes to the end. I have to select a specific turn direction first and then carefully drag in desired direction and even then many times it ends up goin to the end. Its very annoying, hope you can fix that. Cant wait for voice guided directions!!!
Yepp, that's indeed quite annoying. Marble 1.1 opens the directions in a new window, making it much easier to select the right one. 1.1.0 should appear in extras-devel and extras-testing on Friday or Saturday, so a solution is near.

Last edited by earthwings; 2011-04-15 at 08:40. Reason: monav-routing-daemon made it to extras

Tags
marble, nokia n900