Posts: 147 | Thanked: 150 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
I like wp7, it's not that bad UIwise, but I want red and green hardware buttons, it's so frustrating to have to wait for the proximity sensor to hang up, or to have to do 5 different clicks to call the last person...
I don't know much about WP7 UI, but take a look at the multi-tasking view on WP7 Mango:

Ooh god.
Horizontal scrolling on a portrait display? Only one application (+ the borders of two others) visible at a time? What if you have 7 apps open (fanboys will claim that they only use 3, obviously)? I'm quite sure I'd go insane using that.

Then again, I've been spoiled by Maemo...

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Aonsaithya For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by IsaacDFP View Post
All I want is a device that is capable of reading a 720p mkv file as well as output it 720p also... Why is that so hard to ask?!
Because most of people do not know or care what 720p means or what mkv is.Only people who care are us and some gadget blogs which are constantly drooling over meaningless specs that do not mean jack to majority of people with piles of money.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to slender For This Useful Post:
Posts: 15 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Germany
All I want is a device that is capable of reading a 720p mkv file as well as output it 720p also... Why is that so hard to ask?!
Nokia E7 has the ability to do it.
I have done it already!
Output via mini HDMI 1.3 in 720p AND 5.1 Dolby Digital Plus.
As far as I know, only Nokia E7 and N8 can do this with 5.1 DD Plus.

on page 76 - 77
http://nds1.nokia.com/phones/files/g...7-00_UG_de.pdf

Last edited by ro25anav; 2011-05-26 at 20:49.

The Following User Says Thank You to ro25anav For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by slender View Post
Because most of people do not know or care what 720p means or what mkv is.Only people who care are us and some gadget blogs which are constantly drooling over meaningless specs that do not mean jack to majority of people with piles of money.
That's certainly true but i'm sure that people appreciate that you can just throw videos to your device and play them.
Either the Samsung way where they pretty much support any video codec there is (GS was amazing at this and so seams to be SGS2 with exynos) or the Apple way where you can't get anything in to your device without itunes and so itunes does it all for you.

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Originally Posted by Verythrax View Post
Yeah, it's frustrating on anything different from Symbian. On Anfroid I need to do 4+ clicks (after unlocking the screen) to call the last person.

Not too smart for "smart"phones :/
symbian and all dumbphones in the world (except some se crap - it's amazing because they're the ones who had yes and no almost as trademark)

Why did they all abandon it? And as the 3button config on wp7 is so near the symbian one (especially omnia hd -> optimus7) I always end up pressing search to hangup and long clicking the home button.

Originally Posted by ro25anav View Post
Nokia E7 has the ability to do it.
I have done it already!
Output via mini HDMI 1.3 in 720p AND 5.1 Dolby Digital Plus.
As far as I know, only Nokia E7 and N8 can do this with 5.1 DD Plus.

on page 76 - 77
http://nds1.nokia.com/phones/files/g...7-00_UG_de.pdf
I don't understand that language at all! But I do find it VERY sexy, specially the following words from page 77:
Maximal, 1280x720(720p), 4 GB, MKV-Video lol
I wasn't aware Symbian could play those files out of the box...good to know

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Originally Posted by Aonsaithya View Post
I don't know much about WP7 UI, but take a look at the multi-tasking view on WP7 Mango:

Ooh god.
Horizontal scrolling on a portrait display? Only one application (+ the borders of two others) visible at a time? What if you have 7 apps open (fanboys will claim that they only use 3, obviously)? I'm quite sure I'd go insane using that.
portrait meego handset

and landscape

Last edited by qwazix; 2011-05-26 at 21:56. Reason: I thought the first pic was nokia ux

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
I don't understand that language at all! But I do find it VERY sexy, specially the following words from page 77:
Maximal, 1280x720(720p), 4 GB, MKV-Video lol
I wasn't aware Symbian could play those files out of the box...good to know
E7 and N8 have a very nice GPU

BCM2727

I even edit video and tune 12MP pics on the n8 with ease

Last edited by quipper8; 2011-05-26 at 21:21.

@qwazix, you are wrong. Both UIs you have shown are stock MeeGo.

But switching apps on N9/50 looks very similiar on the teaser.

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
nokia ux

and

stock meego

it is like this on portrait too but I can't find a screenshot
Actually all three of those pics are stock MeeGo Handset UX, just with different themes.

The Following User Says Thank You to pelago For This Useful Post:

Tags
duke nukem4eva, epic!, harmattan, n-950, nokia diamond, non-believers, rm680, wasteland