Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 238 | Thanked: 131 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Bulgaria
Hi rasmarc@,yes the cooktimer won't start.
orginally posted by rasmarc
You could try: close cooktimer, rename the folder /home/user/.config/cooktimer and start cooktimer again. Folder and files should be created then
I tried this several times,but without result friend,the answer from console was somethink like:
"chown /home/user/.config/cooktimer/cooktimer.cfg...
no such file or directory"

The Following User Says Thank You to disappear For This Useful Post:
Posts: 136 | Thanked: 263 times | Joined on Nov 2012 @ Germany
Originally Posted by disappear View Post
Hi rasmarc@,yes the cooktimer won't start.

I tried this several times,but without result friend,the answer from console was somethink like:
"chown /home/user/.config/cooktimer/cooktimer.cfg...
no such file or directory"
Those and other error messages may be displayed when installing from command line. They don't mean there's missing something:

The installation routine just checks if there is a legacy entry written in existing configuration files and overwrites it if necessary. And if there are no files to check those error messages appear.

This can cause some confusion and there should be displayed an additional line that explains what is going on... I will add this in the next release.

To be sure, would you please check again if cooktimer starts on your device after renaming or deleting /home/user/.config/cooktimer? Not reinstall, just close, rename and start.

Simpler Brightness Applet (N900) - A variation of the Simple Brightness Applet
Short tap to toggle "keep backlight on" - Long tap to open display settings

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rasmarc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 238 | Thanked: 131 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Bulgaria
Strange but you are right!When i deleted or rename the folder,when start again cooktimer,the cooktimer folder automatically is created,then why when i installed for the first time,the cooktimer won't start,indeed the installation was from x-terminal,maybe for the future i have to install from appmanager(but that should not matter).

note:I do not know if it matters,but i am with cssu-thumb

Last edited by disappear; 2016-02-11 at 21:48.

The Following User Says Thank You to disappear For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
This package deserves a bump ...
Just released how useful this would be not only on my N900 but also on other devices. i assume with it being python it would be trivial to package up a .deb for amd64?
Wondered if any of the devs did that or had those plans?

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,100 | Thanked: 2,797 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Netherlands
Hi sixwheeledbeast,

I tried running it on an Android tablet a long time ago, but the result asked for quite some tweaking.
First of all it's Qt based, so it needs that runtime environment, and furthermore python modules like pygst and Pyside. And by default it also used the N900 specific QMaemo5 ValueButtons and InformationBoxes. Other specific Maemo parts are the led control, vibration, screen blanking prevention, media playing, banners, reading keyboard slide states to set Maemo specific portrait/landscape mode etc. And proper scaling for other devices will need attention.

All in all no trivial task. For the Sailfish OS version I started from scratch, replacing python/pyside with QML.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:

Tags
cooktimer, nokia n900