Notices

I love this app and have spent far too long playing with it already so thank you!
I do have three queries though:

01 - What is the usage of the COM_SHELL command? As far as I can tell I have to hard-code it to the command I will want to send and then I have to re-create that code in the activating text. Is there some way to set a COME_SHELL prefix so that any shell command that follows it will be run? Ideally this would return the first 160 chars of STDOUT as an sms.

02 - When I select not to lock the phone on all commands I always get an "unlock" notification sms for all commands, even if I have selected not to receive responses. Also when I send "Unlock" I get "already unlocked" back even when it isn't!

03 - The "prefix" box in SMSCon-editor is very short, I could with being able to enter 15 characters!

Thanks again

Last edited by hutchinsfairy; 2011-05-05 at 13:04.

Originally Posted by prankster View Post
smscon is requiring password ?how do i start it in simply words ? please help and dont mind experties cuz i am just an other noob ))
help would appreciated
Default Password: 12345

The Following User Says Thank You to hutchinsfairy For This Useful Post:
Sorry, don't seem to be able to help myself:

04 - Can we define somewhere what text appears at the start of the return sms (currently "NOKIA N900 HH:MM:SS DD/MM/YYYY -command-" for me) and Trackeron sms/emails? Not bothered if this is by editing a config file, just would like it to persist through upgrades!

05 - I understand it would be hard to hook the messages as they arrive but is it possible to clean them up afterwards?
Code:
sqlite3 /home/user/.rtcom-eventlogger/el-v1.db
> de lete from events where free_text IN (csv of commands)
The conversations window overview still shows it though until it has another reason to refresh...

06 - The option not to change the return phone number when sms received. Whatever phone I use to activate SMSCon I would like it to text my Twitter account back!

07 - Pre and Post command scripts. Then I could implement my own attempts to do these things!

08 - Hide the GPS icon when using "Location" or "Trackeron". e.g:
Code:
mv /usr/share/applications/hildon-status-menu/location.desktop /usr/share/applications/hildon-status-menu/disabled/
Then move it back after gps fix.

The Following User Says Thank You to hutchinsfairy For This Useful Post:
PS:
Code:
killall rtcom-messaging-ui
will refresh conversation overview but might be overkill...

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
There's an interesting story in Techdirt about a guy recovering his laptop using Prey and Twitter.

check here:
http://www.techdirt.com/articles/201...o-rescue.shtml

Posts: 135 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
smscon -start output:

ps: invalid option --a
BusyBox v1.18.4

Usage: ps

ps: invalid option -- a

ERROR: smscon daemon failed to start
Well it seems that smscon -start tries to do a ps -a, but ps won't allow any option as a BusyBox binary.

How can I get rid of this error?

Thanks

Originally Posted by sr00t View Post
smscon -start output:

Well it seems that smscon -start tries to do a ps -a, but ps won't allow any option as a BusyBox binary.

Thanks
Uninstall Enhanced BusyBox

Posts: 48 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Russia, Moscow
Originally Posted by sr00t View Post
smscon -start output:

Thanks
got the same error with ps (Enhanced BusyBox is installed), you should install procps package: it will substitute ps with a working version and will give you a much nicer output of the "top" command

The Following User Says Thank You to Bad_Habit For This Useful Post:
Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
hmm, i am having a wierd problem. i tried to install smscon and editor withe the command "apt-get install smscon*".
but apparently, smscon-editor needs smscon 0.8 while such a version does not exist in the repos. i then manually installed smscon and editor 0.7 from packages.maemo.com and it works.

So what happened?

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

If you feel I have helped you, don't forget to press Thanks!

Posts: 96 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Adelaide, Australia
Originally Posted by ejasmudar View Post
hmm, i am having a wierd problem. i tried to install smscon and editor withe the command "apt-get install smscon*".
but apparently, smscon-editor needs smscon 0.8 while such a version does not exist in the repos. i then manually installed smscon and editor 0.7 from packages.maemo.com and it works.

So what happened?
I am having the very same problem. When you say " i then manually installed smscon and editor 0.7 from packages.maemo.com", how do you manually install them?