Posts: 664 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Australia
One more bug.. Now the browser doesn't redraw itself correctly while rotating device to landscape from potrait. This happens when the page is displaying the full content within the screen resolution (like how the page loads at first). It draws the whole page only in the half area of the screen in landscape and doesn't respond to scrolling and only starts behaving properly after zooming with the double tap. I think its happing with this talk page only. Nwz, tezting with other ones as well..

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by jleholeho View Post
just a bit off topic...
what do you guys think about next possible updates, PR1.3, 1.4?
I have to say I'm quite satisfied with my N9 at the moment, some irresponsible tweaking just after the OTA update caused me some issues but I was able to get the things right by doing a clean flash via NaviFirm...
so I was just curious whether we can seriously expect some updates in the future..
Off-topic response to off-topic post. 1.3's definitely coming, they said quite soon after 1.2.
And they did hint it'll be slightly more feature oriented than is typical for a odd-numbered release.
I wouldn't get too excited about that though, it's still mostly a bug-fix release.
As for beyond that it's not entirely clear yet, we should know soon enough though.

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-03-04 at 08:31.

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
Offtopic @jalyst, @jleholeho: At the current state N9 PR1.2 is quite complete for me featurewise, there are not many things more one can demand to be implemented at OS level. May be some minor usability tweaks in the closed source apps(like putting navigation arrows and url bar at bottom in the browser or improving Fenix attachments handling). All the effort from now on for me must be concentrated in bug fixing, making everything rock solid, improving on energy efficiency(both idle and under load).

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to zlatko For This Useful Post:
The face taging is not working i tagged some pictures with faces from my contacts, but when i click on the icon below on the right it is written 'no photos tagged with a name'

Posts: 67 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Nu1st Street, Iron Triange, Richmond, CA
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
Two problems here:

Gallery

I had a strange problem with the gallery: Some pictures would make the gallery crash when I tried to open them. Also, they seemed to stop tracker from properly indexing the whole directory. (This is just guessing, but some images didn't show up in the gallery until I deleted the broken ones.)

Anyone else having problems with the gallery? Unfortunately, I cannot reproduce this bug because I deleted the images. All I know is that both photos didn't cause any problems befor 1.2 and that they were not shot with the N9 itself. Somebody else made them and transferred them to my N9 via bluetooth.

Feeds Update

Automatically updating the feeds was always flaky, even befor PR 1.2. What I have now is new, though: When the device decides to update the feeds (or when I do so manually), it starts at feed number 17 - and never finishes. I don't see why it tries such a feed at all, because I've only subscribed to 9 feeds. Whats that?
Having big problems with Action Cam and the Gallery. Pictures and video after update do not load and Action Cam do not load into gallery either.
@martycollinsesq

Posts: 95 | Thanked: 131 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by tibere86 View Post
Not sure if anyone else is having this issue, but as of two days ago, the phone is stuck on "Checking for Updates". It never connects to the Nokia server to check to see if there's an update. PR1.1 Singapore-005
Do you have the filemanager app installed? If so, the broken filemanager repo might be the cause of your problem - I had the same issue myself. See this thread for more info:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...35#post1173514

I've flashed using "NSU" and "Flasher" still no fix for Fenix mail or Settings inability to launch.

I'm getting sick of this. Any solutions???

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by thenutflush View Post
I've flashed using "NSU" and "Flasher" still no fix for Fenix mail or Settings inability to launch.

I'm getting sick of this. Any solutions???
What region is your firmware from?

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

Posts: 278 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ SD, CA
Originally Posted by Lomax View Post
Do you have the filemanager app installed? If so, the broken filemanager repo might be the cause of your problem - I had the same issue myself. See this thread for more info:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...35#post1173514
this was my problem. uninstalled "Filemanager" then got all these updates.
i hope i dont have another problem getting ota from singapore when ilast flashed a non singapore pr1.1. i forget which.

Posts: 278 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ SD, CA
just updated... so far works flawlessly. still figuring out how to use gtalk video though. noones online.