I have a dilemma. My phone worked fine all day today but for some reason a few hours ago it decided to act up. The phone seems to turn on and turn off ok, however the actual screen does not come on. All I hear is the Nokia startup tune or that shutdown sound when I power it off. I tried taking the battery out, pressing all kinds of buttons, plugging it into the computer, and plugging it into the regular charger. Nothing seems to help. Anyone know what the heck is going on?
Thanks,
Kham

I just shipped it back to Nokia for repair. Will post the results for anyone that cares.
----Kham

I would be interesting in hearing your results.

My N900 screen stopped working even though the TV out and touch-screen works fine. My phone fell when I was charging it, but I'm not sure what would cause the screen to stop working and the touch-screen to still work, especially since it only fell just above a meter onto a carpeted floor!

Posts: 248 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
just reflash it man it will save u time and u dont need to send it for repare reflashing will repair it hopefully!!

Originally Posted by Kham View Post
I have a dilemma. My phone worked fine all day today but for some reason a few hours ago it decided to act up. The phone seems to turn on and turn off ok, however the actual screen does not come on. All I hear is the Nokia startup tune or that shutdown sound when I power it off. I tried taking the battery out, pressing all kinds of buttons, plugging it into the computer, and plugging it into the regular charger. Nothing seems to help. Anyone know what the heck is going on?
Thanks,
Kham
hi ,, i also faced the same issue.. it was solved by the nokia care guy he said the screen" flux "had gone loose... a minor issue..but alas 2day again it went kaput.. no screen .. everytng working fine..please help..... what did they do to yours....