Hi all, surely somebody has come across this issue...

50% of the time when I'm in range of a wireless network that the device knows about, it connects. The other 50%, it doesn't connect. It's the same with 3g internet. Sometimes it connects automatically, other times it does not.

If I go in to the internet connection setup, then I select my access point, then it connects fine. It's just the automatic connection that does not work.

In the settings, I have it set to connect to any internet connection, and switch to wireless if available.

I should note that it always connects if I explicitly tell it to. It's just that the "automatic" setup simply doesn't work all the time. I should also note that I'm using titan's kernel.

How can I debug this issue, and has anyone else noticed this?

What have you kept the search interval as?
Are you sure that the connection is not being made after the search interval timings either?

The search interval is at 5 minutes. I've definitely left it for longer than that, sometimes the whole day.

Sometimes, if I go in to the settings -> internet connections and then just save it, it will all of a sudden connect.

So does anyone know which process controls internet connections? Is it icd2? Has anyone else actually experienced this problem?

To test:
connect to wireless.
walk outside of wireless range (50% chance of it automatically connecting to 3g).
walk back inside wireless zone (50% change of it automatically switching to wifi).
... repeat. Usually it will sit there and do nothing after moving outside of wireless range on the first or second attempt. That's why it would be interesting to know the name of the process that's responsible for all this automatic internet connecting switching.

Yes, i have the same problem. At home, the n900 sniffs out my home WLAN automatically but when I get to work I have to manually switch it on, and it conects fine. I can't see any settings that I can adjust with regard to this, but then I am an absolute noob

Posts: 196 | Thanked: 224 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Africa
In my experience, it doesn't automatically connect to WPA2-Enterprise networks, but does connect to normal WPA2 (psk) networks.

I believe there is a bug filed on this issue, no idea if it will be fixed.

The Following User Says Thank You to buchanmilne For This Useful Post: