Posts: 18 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Missoula, MT
My shiny new N810 was delivered yesterday, and almost everything is working wonderfully so far. I flashed the latest version of OS20008 onto it last night (1.2007.42-19).

The only problem I've experienced so far is Pidgin. I installed it today and tried to setup my AIM and GoogleTalk accounts. However, both accounts are claiming that the password is incorrect which I've re-entered several times now and am quite certain that they are correct. I even changed the password on my desktop Pidgin client and back again to make sure I wasn't remembering it wrong. I installed pidgin from the maemo.org downloads site and haven't installed any of the other addons for it.

Is there something else I'm supposed to install for this to work? Has anybody else had this problem?

Current OS version is 1.2007.42-19
Current Pidgin version is 2.3.1devel

Thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to jsgarvin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
For your gTalk account, are you putting in "xxxx@gmail.com" or just "xxxx"? I think you need the @gmail.com... also, does it work on the native google talk client?

*Edit: Also, make sure you're entering your account name in the "screen name" field. Your 'nickname' should go in "Local Alias" or whatever it's called.

I'm fillling in the fields exactly like they are on my desktop install of Pidgin (which works). I'm just using 'xxxx' in the 'screenname' field and 'gmail.com' in the domain field. adding '@gmail.com' to the screenname results in the screenname changing back to just 'xxxx' and the domain becoming '@gmail.com@gmail.com' the next time I go in to edit the account settings.

Thanks for the ideas though. Got any more?

Originally Posted by jsgarvin View Post
My shiny new N810 was delivered yesterday, and almost everything is working wonderfully so far. I flashed the latest version of OS20008 onto it last night (1.2007.42-19).

The only problem I've experienced so far is Pidgin. I installed it today and tried to setup my AIM and GoogleTalk accounts. However, both accounts are claiming that the password is incorrect which I've re-entered several times now and am quite certain that they are correct. I even changed the password on my desktop Pidgin client and back again to make sure I wasn't remembering it wrong. I installed pidgin from the maemo.org downloads site and haven't installed any of the other addons for it.

Is there something else I'm supposed to install for this to work? Has anybody else had this problem?

Current OS version is 1.2007.42-19
Current Pidgin version is 2.3.1devel

Thanks.
Do NOT use the hardware keyboard to enter your passwords... There seems to be a problem with the characters it is actually sending.. Use the virtual keyboard and it will work... (I had the same issue)...

The Following User Says Thank You to pboyington For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pboyington View Post
Do NOT use the hardware keyboard to enter your passwords... There seems to be a problem with the characters it is actually sending.. Use the virtual keyboard and it will work... (I had the same issue)...
Even though I thought you might be yanking my chain, I hunted down how to get the virtual keyboard to pop up (cool, that'll be handy) and set my passwords with that. And... it worked. Yay! Very very strange, but I'm happy. Thanks!

By default, the N810 makes it so the first character you type is capitalized. You can change this in text input settings in the control panel.

Posts: 833 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Based in the USA
Originally Posted by Karwee View Post
By default, the N810 makes it so the first character you type is capitalized. You can change this in text input settings in the control panel.
Yes - and this was VERY frustrating I was holding my right hand thumb over the lower right corner and did not notice it was putting the first letter in as caps!!
PLEASE use the Wiki

Last edited by gemniii42; 2007-12-12 at 04:11.

Sorry, everybody!

I guess I just got used to this and forgot how much of a nuisance it can be. I've made a note to find out how to fix it for the next release.

I'll turn off autocapping for passwords and screen names.

The Following User Says Thank You to nix_nix For This Useful Post: