Notices

I do have the overclock widget on the desktop, but this problem has been there since before i installed it.

Posts: 55 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Pompey, UK
I've had this problem for a long time now. It's become so bad I now use a backup phone for my alarms.

I'd love to know what causes it.

When you set an alarm do you create a new one or re-use old ones?
If you go into alarms, how many alarms are there? Others have had problems with hundreds of alarms clogging up the alarm app.

Posts: 551 | Thanked: 507 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ North West England
This is a fairly new experience for me, I re-use old alarms so I only have about 6 or 7 in there. I can reproduce the problem at will: An alarm goes off, I press "Stop". The Stop button stays lit and the phone is completely unresponsive. If I wait for the screen to go off after the powersave timeout (1 minute in my case) and then unlock the phone, it unlocks and the alarm has cleared, but the hildon-desktop is frozen, i.e. none of the shortcuts or widgets respond. I can access programs via the task switcher, I can access the control panel, just hildon-desktop has froze, and this does NOT come back forcing me to reboot the phone.
This has been happening for the last few weeks, just before I installed hildon-portrait so it's not that at fault. I've used HWSync=1 for months without issue (and CSSU and PowerKernel47). Really can't think what has changed...

Posts: 194 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bristol, UK
Originally Posted by misanthropisht View Post
I've experienced this annoying behaviour a couple of times in the past. There is some workaround to avoid rebooting but my memory fails me on the exact steps. I think it involves switching the phone to either silent or offline and then back again.

Strangely this bug only seems to occur if I hit the button the moment it appears and before the alarm sounds.
... same problem here ... whenever I hit the stop button before the alarm starts to sound it's impossible to stop the alarm until it's run it's course ...