Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Romania
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
The API documentation doesn't give any explanation as to what would cause that specific error, though similar 403 responses are caused by having unlinked accounts. Do you have unlinked Google and YouTube accounts?

A couple of weeks ago, I had a problem with that same feed, and it was resolved (without my intervention) within 24 hours. It's possible that they are just making some changes to the API.
My youtube account has been linked with a google one since they first implemented this "feature". So no change to the account side of things for months.

cute tube was working on the 4th but now on the 8th my n900 will not play any files that i download. the media player says "unable to play media"

every other file works that i previously downloaded.

i tried changing the download video quality to all the options given but still no luck

last time this happend , it was because youtube changed something and hate to wait for cutetube to update. is this still the case?

thanks!

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Austria
I have the same problem here.Cutetube was so helpful.But I can't play any videos any more .I can just download them. Shall we wait for the new update for Cutetube? ..When will it be available?

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Videos still play fine on my device, so the problem must lie elsewhere.

My website

GitHub

I can do that for the next update. I have also changed the behaviour of the widget to address your earlier comment. The widget no longer loads the video feed when first added to the desktop, so you won't be asked to connect to the internet.
Thankees for your efforts thus far, Marxian. The widget still asks for a connection when the phone is restarted/swtched on though.

And here's a suggestion for all the peeps that are having problems viewing/downloading Youtube videos via WiFi.
Most routers have a “Whitelist” in their control panel. They may need to add the Youtube url to the whitelist for it to work properly.

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by stickymick View Post
The widget still asks for a connection when the phone is restarted/swtched on though.
What I meant was I've implemented the code for the next update.

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Videos still play fine on my device, so the problem must lie elsewhere.
Maybe it's a region-specific thing? E.g. Youtube serving videos differently in different countries.

Originally Posted by pelago View Post
Maybe it's a region-specific thing? E.g. Youtube serving videos differently in different countries.
More than likely. You know what Youtube and the media industry are like.

"Sorry, this video is unavailable in your region. May we suggest something that's totally irrelevant to your taste?"

Originally Posted by stickymick View Post
More than likely. You know what Youtube and the media industry are like.

"Sorry, this video is unavailable in your region. May we suggest something that's totally irrelevant to your taste?"
hi thanks for the info.

the videos im downloading have no regional copyright issues and ive downloaded everything from home made videos to videos making cats with sill noises (purely for testing)

as i said before somthing has changed on youtube and now the stock N900 player will not play them (the new downloads). if i use kmplayer and mplayer the video runs at an unwatchable framerate but the audio is good ok if a little stuttery.

.surely if it was a problem with my device then my previously downloaded videos would not play right?

plus another person has the same issue

any advice or further investigation would be most helpful

thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to shockingfm For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by shockingfm View Post
hi thanks for the info.

the videos im downloading have no regional copyright issues and ive downloaded everything from home made videos to videos making cats with sill noises (purely for testing)

as i said before somthing has changed on youtube and now the stock N900 player will not play them (the new downloads). if i use kmplayer and mplayer the video runs at an unwatchable framerate but the audio is good ok if a little stuttery.

.surely if it was a problem with my device then my previously downloaded videos would not play right?

plus another person has the same issue

any advice or further investigation would be most helpful

thanks

hmm bizarrely everything works normal now. tried downloading the stuff that i want and now its all there. my only changes were using the n900 media player as default and download quality to 360p.
sorry to have disturb you all

thanks again

The Following User Says Thank You to shockingfm For This Useful Post:

Tags
cutetube, marxian = god, marxian legend, son of a gun, son of douche, son of fail, son of god, youtube