Active Topics

Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
What can I do to help jolla ship the tablet?
Try to find an investor or a buyer for Jolla. I don't think anything less will help, unfortunately.

Money talks, right?

[brainfart: on]
Let's crowdfound money to raise a company (result of your crowdfunding would be you are a owner of the company);
then once we have the money, let's enlist the founded company as a public company;
the company (tentative name : ACME) could be listed in some low-corp tax area of course;
then once that is done, we buy jolla
[brainfart: off]

LINKer - transform your N9's home view in a Desktop, give it the freedom it deserves! -> LINKer for Harmattan

QuickBar - Can't find the app you used yesterday in your overcrowded Home Screen? Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen? QuickBar for Harmattan

If you like our work, and would like to support via PayPal : users.giulietta@gmail.com

Originally Posted by billranton View Post
@tortoisedoc - Remember that Jolla got another $10m in December 2014, exactly the same as they were going for now. They were relying on that just as much as this new round. Imagine how cross everyone would have been they'd folded then, just after the Indiegogo. The crowdfunding money wouldn't have sustained them for long, if at all. It was tiny compared to the rest of the investment.
Didnt they raise 20 M?

LINKer - transform your N9's home view in a Desktop, give it the freedom it deserves! -> LINKer for Harmattan

QuickBar - Can't find the app you used yesterday in your overcrowded Home Screen? Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen? QuickBar for Harmattan

If you like our work, and would like to support via PayPal : users.giulietta@gmail.com

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Prometheus in da thread. This will be epic!

Welcome.

More Popcorn plz!
Sorry mate for being a pain in the ***, but I am fed of it. Whole year been fed with BS, convincing us how delivery is almost done. "3-5 weeks after developers loan" and then confessing that they've spent money on software development (possibly for Intex devices so they can strike the deal with them). I don't ask anything that is out of legal ground. I will quote IGG terms of use:

If a Campaign Owner is unable to perform on any promise and/or commitment to Contributors, the Campaign Owner will work with the Contributors to reach a mutually satisfactory resolution, which may include the issuance of a refund of Contributions by the Campaign Owner.

They confessed that they cannot bring tablets, so it is up to me to ask for a refund, and to them to comply to the agreements to which they agreed before they started a campaign.

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
Sorry mate for being a pain in the ***, but I am fed of it.
To be entirely honest, prometheus, I'm also quite sorry you're being a pain in the ***, and I too am quite fed of it.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Yeah. Refund or compensation is the way to go.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Also keep in mind that they've issued refund to some people. Some of them are IGG contributors

HTML Code:
http://picpaste.com/Jollaproof.jpg
So why not to all of us who want the refund.

From this article:
HTML Code:
http://www.tivi.fi/Kaikki_uutiset/jolla-horjuu-haudan-partaalla-sai-oikeudelta-rauhoitusaikaa-6236014
You can clearly get the picture, they have money, but they've asked for protection from creditors not to be sued and not to be ask for a refund because "that would be potentially dangerous for their business". They clearly stated that they doesn't have any plans for issuing a refund. Game is over Jolla. You had your chance and you blew it on your personal projects and deals with other companies instead of fulfill the duties to the contributors and buyers. It is morally for you to respect the request. Those who do not wish for refund, they don't need to ask anything, but us who what our money back, we have every right to ask for and get it.

Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
To be entirely honest, prometheus, I'm also quite sorry you're being a pain in the ***, and I too am quite fed of it.
You can always skip reading my comments when you see my nickname... can't you?

One thing what really bugs me regarding your comments. You are making fun of my comments and others, like nothing happened here. As I understood you, you are from US. I am asking you, what would happen if this happened in US. They would be sued, and they would had to issue refund immediately. Not only that but they would have to pay an additional compensation for their behavior. Correct?

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
You can always skip reading my comments when you see my nickname... can't you?
I could, but can I ask: why are you posting the exact same thing, 15 times a day, in every forum you can find? I think the entire world now knows that you want a refund from Jolla. Just sue them (or even just ask them nicely, since that seems to be working to some extent) and be done with it, please. Everybody here knows your line by now, you don't need to keep repeating it -- you're starting to reach actual spammer levels, I think...

They would be sued, and they would had to issue refund immediately. Not only that but they would have to pay an additional compensation for their behavior. Correct?
Hmm. Here in the US, when a company reaches the point Jolla has (deep in debt with little or no assets to speak of), they go bankrupt. As such, whatever assets they have are eventually seized by their creditors (unless they can come up with some new way to generate income, which I would find dubious in Jolla's case). In general, average consumers don't get much, if anything.

In any case, right now, in order to issue refunds to everybody, Jolla would probably have to take out a loan, which I suspect is impossible in their current state. (Which is probably the real reason they've been trying to hold off requests for refunds...) THEY ARE OUT OF MONEY.

Last edited by Copernicus; 2015-12-11 at 12:11.

Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
I could, but can I ask: why are you posting the exact same thing, 15 times a day, in every forum you can find? I think the entire world now knows that you want a refund from Jolla. Just sue them (or even just ask them nicely, since that seems that is working to some extent) and be done with it, please. Everybody here knows your line by now, you don't need to keep repeating it -- you're starting to reach actual spammer levels, I think...
I don't know who else reads which blog, and honestly I do not care. I posted here few things which are obviously on Jolla blog also... I did ask them nicely, but they are ignoring my mail. This is additional motive to put the pressure and get my money. They don't feel the gravity of what they've done. Some people as in Asia, south America, Eastern Europe, Africa have salary less than 10000$ per year, so 250$ is quite enough money. But they obviously are plying Monopoly game. North Europe, North America, Saudi Arabia, Japan, South Korea have decent salaries so they are not too worried.

I will spare you and rest of you additional comments on this topic...

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund