Posts: 77 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Sofia, Bulgaria
IMPORTANT: First, make sure you have restored your partitions to their original state! I also had Nemo installed on a partition between MyDocs (sdX1), and harmattan rootfs (sdX2). I recreated the MyDocs partition with gparted, but the update still bricked my phone. Did you touch the rootfs or the home partition? Make sure that your MyDocs partition starts at sector 1024. My problem was caused because gparted always creates partitions starting from 2048. After I recreated it with parted, flashing went fine.
AFAIK the MyDocs partition of a 64GB should start at 1024 and end at 112672767, otherwise flashing WILL fail. If this is not what you have, you have to recreate the partition using command-line parted -- let me know and I'll provide you with specific instructions.

IIRC, you need to provice both the firmware image and the EMMC image to the flasher utility. Look at the first post in this thread:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=81579

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to YavkatA For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
in the partition table mismatch the values are (start=112672768, sum=112663845)

in ubunutu only MyDocs and rootfs partitions are now detected. could you help me with instructions on how to locate the missing partition.

thanks.

1. load the n950 rescue image and initrd with flasher
2. open up a terminal and type the following commands:
Code:
sudo parted /dev/sdX
unit s
print
quit
3. Post output here...

From the looks of it, It seems like the mismatch occurs in your rootfs partition, which is not good. After I have the output from parted, I'll try to figure out how to fix this.

Last edited by YavkatA; 2012-02-28 at 20:41.

The Following User Says Thank You to YavkatA For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by BlinkThinks View Post
PC 059J228 059J228: RM-696 NDT MEA1 MEA2 BLACK 64GB is already available in NaviFirm+

http://nds2.fds-fire.nokia.com/p/d/f...M1-958_ARM.bin

http://nds2.fds-fire.nokia.com/p/d/f...A_EMMC_MEA.bin

Very stupid question perhaps - how did you manage to go from navifirm to getting http links out..?

Reason I ask: last time around (for PR1.1) I tried downloading at work - but it sucked the whole bandwidth of the site (outsourced networking, to the lowest bidder for sure, so QoS is not properly done and VoIP was the only thing somewhat still working). Then I tried downloading at home (50Mb/s connection) but my work Windows machine is rigged to only allow IE on direct internet connections - all others (incl FF) must go through the company VPN.... Oh and at home I have only Linux on my own machines, tried to get Navifirm working on Wine to no avail...

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
Select only the 2 files (Ctrl Z deselects all the files) you want to download, then right click and Copy selected URL's to clipboard

Originally Posted by aRTee View Post
Very stupid question perhaps - how did you manage to go from navifirm to getting http links out..?

Reason I ask: last time around (for PR1.1) I tried downloading at work - but it sucked the whole bandwidth of the site (outsourced networking, to the lowest bidder for sure, so QoS is not properly done and VoIP was the only thing somewhat still working). Then I tried downloading at home (50Mb/s connection) but my work Windows machine is rigged to only allow IE on direct internet connections - all others (incl FF) must go through the company VPN.... Oh and at home I have only Linux on my own machines, tried to get Navifirm working on Wine to no avail...

The Following User Says Thank You to mrsellout For This Useful Post:
Disk /dev/sdb: 123255680s
Sector size (logicalphysical): 512B/512B
Partition Table: msdos

number 1:
Start 1024s
End 112663844s
Size 112662821s
Type primary
File system fat32
Flags lba

Number 2:
Start 112672768s
End 121061375s
Size 8388608s
Type primary
File system ext4
Flags {none}

Number 3:
Start 121065840s
End 125242739s
Size 4176900s
Type primary
File system {none}
Flags {none}

thanks for your help

could anyone advice on what is wrong with the output i've posted and how to take corrective action on it?

thanks in advance!!!

hi i've added a gparted screenshot of the exact number of partitions

Ok.. the good news is that your rootfs (Number 2) partition data is correct. I cannot verify your home partition data (Number 3), because I can't find my partition data from before I installed Nemo (and I cannot boot into recovery mode to check my current parted output, because after PR 1.2 it voids warranty)
What I can say for sure is that your MyDocs partition (Number 1), needs to be recreated with the proper size. Here are the detailed instructions:

again, boot up the phone into service mode. Then, issue the following commands (as root):
Code:
sudo parted /dev/sdX
unit s
rm 1
mkpart
set partition type to be "primary", and filesystem type to be "fat32"
start = 1024s
end = 112672767s
(if it complains about performance, ignore it)
then set the lba flag and exit parted:
Code:
set 1 lba on
quit
and recreate the MyDocs partition
Code:
mkfs.vfat /dev/sdX1 -n 'Nokia N9'
Problem Solved! (at least for the first patition)

EDIT: from your screenshot, it seems that your home partition (Number 3) is also shot. I will need detailed information on the unallocated spaces around /dev/sdb3 - right click on them in gparted, and tell me the start and end sectors of each of the two.

Last edited by YavkatA; 2012-02-29 at 02:12.

The Following User Says Thank You to YavkatA For This Useful Post: