Posts: 307 | Thanked: 1,460 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by anig View Post
I had a look but Here maps doesn't let you choose which folder you save things to so it is still not possible to save maps to the sd card.
I installed ES File Manager to see if the sd card was visible as another device as it is under Android, and it's not. I could navigate to it through /media/sdcard/xxxx-xxxx/ though.

Could you do that before, or were there permission problems accessing the sd from Android? I can't imagine that merely fixing that would count as a feature of the update though...

Posts: 229 | Thanked: 725 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Permanent cruiser - either water- or motorways
about sd card see chemists new answer in my question on tjc https://together.jolla.com/question/...-card-support/
it seems that this feature was also pulled from the release and accidentally announced (like formatting the sd on the device)
There might be a good reason they pulled all new sd card features from 2.0.1.7 but it's annoying anyway - in their current stste they should do better quality control and not announce not coming features by mistake ...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to elastic For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by billranton View Post
Could you do that before, or were there permission problems accessing the sd from Android? I can't imagine that merely fixing that would count as a feature of the update though...
You could do that before, but only if you started the Android subsystem after having mounted the SD card.

Due to bad systemd configuration Android was started before mounting the SD card, which means that the /media/.../ folder was seen as empty.

Now (apparently) the dependencies have been corrected so systemd gets it right.

The Following User Says Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
Posts: 307 | Thanked: 1,460 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by elastic View Post
about sd card see chemists new answer in my question on tjc https://together.jolla.com/question/...-card-support/
it seems that this feature was also pulled from the release and accidentally announced (like formatting the sd on the device)
There might be a good reason they pulled all new sd card features from 2.0.1.7 but it's annoying anyway - in their current stste they should do better quality control and not announce not coming features by mistake ...
I think their current state makes good quality control rather difficult, and they're doing well. I'd rather they messed up the feature announcement than pushed unstable features out. Now we have the added bonus of knowing that both these features are coming.

I get the feeling that the attention to the sd card under android might be effort to let Sailfish run on smaller internal storage configurations. It's rumoured that the Intex phone may have only 8GB onboard, in which case it's crucial to allow Android data to use the SD.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to billranton For This Useful Post:
Posts: 204 | Thanked: 443 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Germany - Potsdam
ICE patch from virgi not working.

On my Jolla the /home/nemo/amdroid_storage folder is empty. The same folder at /opt/alien/home/nemo/android_storage is ok. Android is working like it should. Both /dev/fuse mounts are listed with mount.
Can someone confirm this effect, please?

I have to add, that my /home/nemo is a.mountpoint on mmcblk1. Pro: no btrfs root filesystem full issue. Con: with every release sailfishOS changed the mount behavior and it needs some investigation.

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Sep 2015 @ Finland
During the night when my phone was connected to charger, all my folders disappeared. Now all the apps from those folders are there in several pages...

Posts: 602 | Thanked: 735 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Nantes, France
Hi,
Didn't read all the thread, but I've got some issue with my N5 running 2.0.1.7: I don't have voicemail notification anymore.

Am I the only guy with such a problem?

Thanks.

Originally Posted by Japsi View Post
During the night when my phone was connected to charger, all my folders disappeared. Now all the apps from those folders are there in several pages...
got exactly the same issue last night !!!
Had to reorder all of them again.
weird thing....

Nothing happened for me, maybe an app getting crazy ?

I'm not using any patch, got the latest early access update (2.0.1.7), and just have situations, the mail app and the calendar opened at all times.

There's this old bug, reported on tjc:

https://together.jolla.com/question/...ing-by-itself/

No solution there, the bug is tracked by Jolla but not fixed yet it seems...