whats is the changelog?

Originally Posted by vgrade View Post
Latest ks at

https://github.com/martinbrook/jolla-n950-kickstart

Contributions welcome

vgrade
image updated

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SourenAraya For This Useful Post:
I have an issue with the phone: whenever I make or receive a call, the screen goes black and stops responding until the call ends, which because the phone app isn't responding means that the call continues until the other person hangs up. Any suggestions?

Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by taixzo View Post
I have an issue with the phone: whenever I make or receive a call, the screen goes black and stops responding until the call ends, which because the phone app isn't responding means that the call continues until the other person hangs up. Any suggestions?
Sounds like the proximity sensor interaction might not be going perfectly. Look at debugging mce / sensorfw interaction.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to w00t For This Useful Post:
in sdk image
Code:
    zypper in sensorfw sensorfw-configs
fix that issue

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SourenAraya For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by vgrade View Post

Latest ks at

https://github.com/martinbrook/jolla-n950-kickstart

Contributions welcome

vgrade

image updated

Sorry for the noob question, this is the real sailfish os here and not the sdk correct? What is the kickstart image? In this version do I need to install Nemo first? I have been bouncing around trying to get information about all this from here and the Nitdroid forums. Thanks again for all the help

Last edited by plourde; 2013-12-07 at 22:04. Reason: typo

Guide updated and now available on the Maemo.org Community Wiki.

Please click here to view the guide.

Please contribute any corrections to mistakes and new bug-fixes/tweaks etc!

Last edited by Nad; 2013-12-11 at 21:37. Reason: Link to Maemo Community Wiki added.

The Following 73 Users Say Thank You to Nad For This Useful Post:
Thanks so much for the reply that was fantastic, I will try this, just to make sure im not loosing my marbles here, this is not the sdk correct? this is the real sailfish os? I am going to give this a shot tonight, I currently use ubiboot 0.3.5 I believe that is the latest version, thanks for taking the time to write this up I will try this out. Sorry for the hassle, also what moslo kernel, im googling as we speak

Originally Posted by Nad View Post
In a nutshell (read all before starting!):

using: http://wiki.maemo.org/Ubiboot

1 - backup your n9 (nokia suite/inbuilt util) AND you emmc!!
2 - reflash the firmware to factory (do NOT use -R option when flashing)
3 - flash the openmode kernel, use the -R option!
4 - fire up harmattan and let it run for a few minutes so its nice and stable and you have date/time set. INSTALL developer mode so you have terminal!
5 - install the moslo kernel and let it repartition you n9, disconnect and turn off the handset
6 - install the latest ubiboot (not the one in the guide above) by flashing the kernel
7 - turn off the handset after installing ubiboot and turn it back on, connecting the phone to the pc (use a linux install/live cd, use a virtual machine as your linux could lose it internet connection and its easier to keep a guide open on the host pc/a 2nd pc if you run into problems) . all of your phones partitions will be automounted
8 - on /media/rootfs on linux (your n9 root file system), copy the openmode kernel to /boot/
9 - download souren's image http://n9.araya.su/images/mic_images....0.0.5/vgrade/ and extract it onto /media/Alt_OS (mmcblk0p4 on your n9)

alternatively (harder) (install mer sdk and make your own image using n950kickstart config thanks to vgrade)
10 - unmount all partitions (umount /media/*) and disconnect from usb

11 - boot into jolla.

I have had issues with souren's image (black screen after 2nd boot) but using vgrade's latest config, my jolla install has worked ok apart from the call issue

The image lacks some apps and these can be install by chrooting into jolla from harmattan and installing via the piratepad/rzr's method.

Hope this points you in the right direction, even though its not in loads of depth!!

Also, if you have date/time issues, using harmattan is a pain in the arse to correct (gets frozen in 4073 sometimes and is unchangeable), just use nitdroid (if you have) or the following terminal command
# devel-su
# rootme (or ur root pass)
# date --set "2013-12-07 22:59"

fyi: boot into sailfish using "latest 2.6.32" or "vmlinuz-2.6.63.20120129.1-n950"
boot into harmattan using the openmode+l2 fix kernel.

@souren Have tried zypper in sensorfw sensorfw-configs via chroot and root in sailfish terminal but zypper says no providers found?

Last edited by plourde; 2013-12-07 at 23:20. Reason: more information

The Following User Says Thank You to plourde For This Useful Post:
Yep the realest sailfish we have thanks to the numerous folk out there making this happen!
Sms works fine for me but not calls ;/ wlan dialogue is abit dodgy but works. Lack of xt9 means no text correct or pinyin input ;/
ubibot 0.3.5 is correct
for root in sailfish, i chroot into sailfish from harmattan and pw root (check http://piratepad.net/nVuyI2uxrY , krnlyng's contribs!) I think sourens image doesnt have terminal etc, but you can install these via chroot in harmattan using rzr's instructions and the contribs in the piratepad.

The biggest PITA for me was the time always resetting but this seems to be fixed too now!

Update: no audio in music player either ;/

Last edited by Nad; 2013-12-08 at 02:17.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nad For This Useful Post:
Posts: 206 | Thanked: 117 times | Joined on Nov 2013 @ CA, USA
Can somebody make a .torrent or a magnet link for the image? I have fairly fast internet speed but the image is taking over an hour to download about 45MB.

Tags
jolla, nokia, sailfish