Active Topics

Posts: 387 | Thanked: 1,700 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Cambridge, MA, USA
Originally Posted by Wonko View Post
Two more things to check:
Does the "ring/tel/account0" account show up in the accounts-ui App?
Have you been asked for your pin on startup?

Edit:
If the "ring/tel/account0" account does not show up then there was something wrong while running the aforementioned script.
In this case double check that everything is in order (like run as normal user not root, run via a terminal on the device not ssh, etc.).
Also did you reboot after running the script?
I am just double checking to narrow things down.

If you haven't been asked for a pin try running the MeeGo-PIN app and enter the pin there.

Edit2:
Another thing to check:
Does the status bar show your cell phone provider and is the signal strength indicator showing reasonable values?
Thanks for the ideas. All of the things you mentioned above I tried, with no luck. I then reflashed the device from scratch (kernel+rootfs), and tried running the script a second time. Now it works. Thanks again for your help.

UPDATE: After rebooting the N950 a second time, it again did not work. An "x" appeared next to the antenna icon at the top of the display. I rebooted again, and still no luck. So I managed to make one phone call after the first reboot, but after subsequent reboots it has not worked as a phone. When it was working as a phone, the antenna icon at the top was replaced by the text "310410" which is not a subset of the digits in my phone number. I suspect it was an unsuccessful attempt to display my carrier's name (AT&T in the US). But now I just get an antenna icon with an x next to it.

Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
best thing will be to wait for a update for these issues to be addressed. i today flash my memory card and now waiting for a update.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to panjgoori For This Useful Post:
Posts: 387 | Thanked: 1,700 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Cambridge, MA, USA
Originally Posted by panjgoori View Post
best thing will be to wait for a update for these issues to be addressed. i today flash my memory card and now waiting for a update.
I just rebooted yet again, and now it's working. So it appears to be mere flakiness, rather then a hard failure. I'll look and see if someone has posted a bugzilla ticket for this.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ken-Young For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
Originally Posted by Ken-Young View Post
I just rebooted yet again, and now it's working. So it appears to be mere flakiness, rather then a hard failure. I'll look and see if someone has posted a bugzilla ticket for this.
i contacted nemo guys at nemo IRC channel anf they suggested me to update packages. there were total of 218 files updated but still my problem didn't solved. and then i flashed my MMC and now waiting for the next update.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to panjgoori For This Useful Post:
Nemo is on sdcard on N900. Uboot-pr13 (Carsten Munk's version) booted straight to Nemo. I wanted to see whether I could get it to maemo without pulling the sdcard, so I interrupted uboot, gave "run noloboot" command, and maemo came up.

Great, I thought. Now I can play with nemo whenever I want.

But the next time I tried to reboot, the uboot screen had disappeared. It just boots straight to maemo all the time. I've tried removing the battery, reseating the sdcard, restarting with the keyboard out, and not out. Nothing helps.

I suspect it's just booting to "last OS" but how do I tell it to give me a choice again? Or do I have to reinstall uboot??

The 20121108 version of Nemo looks great, by the way!

Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Normally I would expect it that way also.
Do you also have multiboot? This flashes kernel, and when flashed uboot is gone.
But my expereinces with early uboot are ver yold and greyed out in mind.
Why not use palis latest uboot version. This makes it wasy and surely works the way you expect (do have it also).

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Yes, I have multiboot. I had that first, though, because I was playing with Nitdroid way back when. I installed uboot later and flashed the kernel then, so multiboot shouldn't be somehow spontaneously overwriting that, should it?

But that's certainly what it looks like. I mean, I turn it on, and multiboot comes up. All it has is the one maemo entry, because I dumped nitdroid, but that's what I'm getting instead of uboot.

I'll try pali's version. I'm not real up on how that interacts with uboot-pr13. Do I need to uninstall uboot-pr13 first? I'll check around to see if I can glean the info somewhere. Update: Okay, ignore that. I found pali's thread and it's very clear about definitely uninstall....

another update: Looking into it, I remember why I didn't install pali's in the first place: the instructions are fairly confusing for a newbie. Uboot-pr13 was in the extras-devel or -testing repo. (Can't see it now! What's up with that?) The N900 is my only phone and I can't afford to screw it up. If there's a solution that stays with uboot-pr13, I'd be much less nervous!

I wonder if it's worth trying to just uninstall multiboot first?

Last edited by quixote; 2012-11-30 at 01:31. Reason: added info

Okay, I uninstalled and re-installed uboot-pr13. Then it boots from sdcard again. But when I want to switch to maemo, and give the command "run noloboot", then it just seems to switch itself off. If I remove the sdcard, it boots into maemo.

As far as I can tell, noloboot is pointing to multiboot which doesn't exist anymore because I uninstalled it. Not sure how to fix that, but that's a separate issue.

So, anyway, all this excitement is just due to something weird with my setup and nothing to do with Nemo. Since it started after a bad shutdown of Nemo, I thought it might be some kind of bug others had run into. But it's not. So nothing to do with this thread. Sorry for the derail.

Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Once again,: not sure about uboot1.3, but it should behave (almost) same way as palis.
Yes, when you boot into multiboot (kb open), then it will check kernel version against selected (in your case: one and only) version and if they differ will flash the kernel. Then uboot is gone.

About your latest problem: .
run noloboot shuts down device? Maybe /sbin/preinit is still from multiboot?
How do you boot to Maemo at all now?

But as this goes totally OT here, please open a new thread or post to the multiboot/uboot thread (post or PM link).

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Originally Posted by quixote View Post
Okay, I uninstalled and re-installed uboot-pr13. Then it boots from sdcard again. But when I want to switch to maemo, and give the command "run noloboot", then it just seems to switch itself off. If I remove the sdcard, it boots into maemo.

As far as I can tell, noloboot is pointing to multiboot which doesn't exist anymore because I uninstalled it. Not sure how to fix that, but that's a separate issue.

So, anyway, all this excitement is just due to something weird with my setup and nothing to do with Nemo. Since it started after a bad shutdown of Nemo, I thought it might be some kind of bug others had run into. But it's not. So nothing to do with this thread. Sorry for the derail.
you just have to remove multiboot altogether.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following User Says Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post: