Posts: 466 | Thanked: 335 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Vienna, Austria
I think Nokia's tradition of letting the engineers and designers present what they love best about the products they broguht to life is a very cool really, but they really shouldn't have let all the weight rest on the shoulders of poor Marc - who is an engineer, not a showmaster - in this live stream. They need to really start looking more professional if they want to make millions of sales in China. I wonder how thei DoCoMo backers in China likes this presentation... :-D

Originally Posted by tissot View Post
No, there's a chip in that cover that supposedly could even make adding more memory and such possible, let alone larger batteries, better flash and so on.

That said those attachments don't exists yet and are up to Jolla or 3rd party to add.
Yeah, I'm glad they revealed the specs to that too, so that manufacturers can start thinking of cool stuff. No...?...

I'm just disappointed. I hate android, loved my N900, and basically would just like more of that brilliant design (hardware and software).
Instead I can't preorder (Portugal not in list), as others pointed out the hardware is so-so, and no qwerty or even any clear plans for it.

So basically back to making my Xperia Pro last more and not suck, as there are no qwerty android phones announced. And if it breaks I'll probably just get back to the N900. sigh.

Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by marcaurell View Post
I am totally disappointed by Jolla, I’m waiting for months for this device, and then I have to learn that you do not deliver to Austria. Am I a second class customer because I live in Austria? Are my Euros worth less? I would have gegreut forward to the possibility of pre-and then the disillusionment no delivery to Austria, the country that lies in the middle of Europe. Ciao Ciao Jolla Sailfish I’m not a device I beg of you will continue to use my N9.
RTFM the Jolla FAQ. Only the EUR100 pre-order edition is limited to 8 european countries. The 2 other options can be sent globally.
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Hariainm View Post
Aaaaand let me loop this video and think everything is alright

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-jIyUhFzYk

Don't go there... Goosebumps...

I still don't know enough about this phone (Jolla) to form an opinion.

Very nice.

Not sure whether I like the hardware, have to see it in real life first. But aluminium frame sounds good.

Posts: 466 | Thanked: 335 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by Boxeri View Post
Finns just can't do good presentations. And saying this as a Finn. Everything looks good on the outside, but then usually someone with that unmistakable old people english accent comes and talks :-)
Isn't Dillon from Britain?

So the phone can also be used without back cover right? Even thinner phone then. With the back cover it does look to be thicker than the N9, Twice the size of audio port that is.
Motorola M3688 → Ericsson R320 → Siemens S40 → Motorola V60c → Palm Treo 650 → Blackberry 9000 → Nokia N900 → HP Pre 3 → Nokia N900 → Nokia N9 → Nokia N900 → Nokia 808 → Blackberry Z10 → Blackberry Passport

Only dead fish swim with the stream.

is this a re-heated nokia 920?

Originally Posted by The Wizard of Huz View Post
So the phone can also be used without back cover right? Even thinner phone then. With the back cover it does look to be thicker than the N9, Twice the size of audio port that is.
Here you can see it side by side with N9:
http://youtu.be/zxv7iXwIgno?t=36s

Seems they are the same thickness

The Following User Says Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
I think people really forgetting what Jolla is doing here. Their final goal is NOT TO BE A PHONE MANUFACTURER. It is about the OS, right? And this is their first device ever. What is the most important here, is that they can deliver with that OS. They want developers, customers, "real" phone manufacturers to start thinking about them. And the way to do that is through that OS. They simply can't have the muscle to pull it of with High-end hardware or with the greatest desing. This is something that people should remember.

Jolla is right now the only real company with OS that is OPEN (at least this is what is said right now) and have a capable phone running it. I always thought that was what this community wanted, more openess?

Instead these forums start sound like customers outside BestBuy telling how their phone has the highest specs and coolest looks. I thought people here were rather those that would ask them: "Well, can your phone do this?"

Sure, Jollas phone is too big for me, the n9 and n900 were already on the maximum for me. Sure, it will not be having the fastest processor when it finally reaches customers. But that is not what I am after here, If I were, I would by an android device. But I am up for something in that Sailfish that has kept these forums alive to live on and see my best hope with Jolla. And thats why I have preordered the device and am cheering them on

The Following 36 Users Say Thank You to Boxeri For This Useful Post:

Tags
"pretty soon", funniest line, jolla, pipo party, sailfish, tmo red