hey i just got my n900 and its an amaing phone. Im getting a strange problem. Like when i connect to wifi from a friend's place, it's working fine but when i connect to my home wifi, i cant browse. i just found out that internet radio is working fine and when i open internet radio, browsing also works fine but not without internet radio. like i have to switch on the internet radio for a minute and then browse and when i close internet radio, it still works fine. looks as if i need internet radio ko kick it off. like another example is like when i plan to download an application from appmanager, it says downloading but the bar hasnt even started but then i switch to internet radio and play it, the bar kicks off and the download starts. and then sometimes the bar stops again and then it works when i switch on internet radio Help would be really appreciated thank you

Posts: 117 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Hardenberg
Don't really know, but could it be a matter of opening ports in your firewall? Find the ports to be opened somewhere here by using the powersearch. Or your manual?

Last edited by ggroen; 2011-04-02 at 20:35.

please i what do u mean by opening the firewall ports? its like i need internet radio to start the internet connection. why is this so? and sometimes the application manager starts with internet radio as in the downloading but then the bar stops sometimes and then if i switch the internet radio back on for 2 secs, the bar resumes normally. so pleasssssse help me?

basically it works fine but it needs internet radio to start

Posts: 723 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Kuching:Malaysia
by your explanation it looks likes the problem didn't come from your N900 but you home wifi itself...try reconfigure your wifi setting on your router....

other solution you can try deleting your home wifi access point on your N900 n make a new one...

Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel

hey none of the solutions worked. is there any other thing? is there such a bug or something?

Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
Originally Posted by yasirrfc View Post
hey none of the solutions worked. is there any other thing? is there such a bug or something?
So what did you change the DNS settings to (as mentioned in the thread linked by schurtman?)

yup changed the settings still i have to open internet radio first.

Try switching off wlan power saving mode in "Settings - Internet connections", it'll probably flatten you battery quicker than usual but if that works then I would look to change your router (which your still haven't told us what make and model it is).