hallo everyone,

after about 4 years later, i'm trying to use my N900 again. From beginning, one process which named "rtcom-call-ui" occupies always 90+% (displayed in Conky), it's killing my battery...

do anybody tell me how can i kill the process? (I have installed X Terminal, OS is N900-51-1), please leave me the details, i have forgot mostly all knowledge about maemo...

Thanks a lot!

The Following User Says Thank You to cheerblues For This Useful Post:
rtcom-call-ui is the phone dialer app and you need it if you want to make phone calls. If you dont care about making phone calls there is probably a way to get rid of it but I dont know how.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jonwil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
More importantly, you need it to RECEIVE calls. If you don't require a phone functionality, you can uninstall it. Killing it won't help as it will automatically restart.

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Quick reply...
It seriously eats your battery? Then something is wrong, reboot the phone. If it does not help, re-flash the phone. Oh, and maybe you need a new battery, Li-ion batteries are not infinite.
Best wishes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Per aspera ad astra...

Just seeing something in Conky does not a battery killer make. Just in case look in dmesg for sgx errors. If so, I found the sgx errors this is a known bug but mine seemed to (strangely) be linked to a faulty cellmodem. Best way (it seems) to kill the cell-modem on boot is commenting out:
Code:
#start on started dbus
in /etc/event.d/sscd